2 Person tent

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Rusty74

Re: 2 Person tent

Post by Rusty74 »

can pick up an ex army arctic 4 man dome tent for £250 brand new these days great bit of kit,though get a couple of ground sheets for the porch area,been after the 10 man arctic bell tent that you can put a log burner inside for years now just cant seem to find one and we still have the old trusty vango diablo 600 that we used to use when you could go to music festivals....
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Prep M8 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:57 pm Snip>

Pseudonym.

Cloud Peak.
They look like really good tents. cheers. Was on their website. They seem to be an American company. Can't seem to find a lot of stockists in G B though.

With regards to the Lanshan 2. Can I ask what stockist you got it from. Thanks.
Cheers.
I bought my Lanshan 2 from Aliexpress, but there are ones available on Amazon and Ebay.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
rik_uk3

Post by rik_uk3 »

Rusty74 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:54 pm can pick up an ex army arctic 4 man dome tent for £250 brand new these days great bit of kit,though get a couple of ground sheets for the porch area,been after the 10 man arctic bell tent that you can put a log burner inside for years now just cant seem to find one and we still have the old trusty vango diablo 600 that we used to use when you could go to music festivals....
The Arctic dome is a good snow tent but not great in UK rainy weather; you can't get a really taught pitch so rain tends to puddle on the roof. Used Bell tents on ebay at the moment for about £450 collection only. Good tent but way too heavy and old better off buying a new canvas/polycotton bell tent and fitting a stove jack for the flue yourself for the same money; better still a tipi tent
https://belltent.co.uk/collections/tipi-tents
and fit a stove jack for a woodburner IMHO.
Richard
South Wales UK
Retired, spending the children's inheritance.
Trojanhorse

Post by Trojanhorse »

Vango Tempest 250 or 350 if on a budget - Is what I use.

OR one Snugpak tents if not on a budget - is what I aspire to.
Medusa

Post by Medusa »

I have the Vango Ark 200 & 300 great little tents amongst my tent collection which I use for festivals although Im getting a bit old to be crawling in and out so just bought myself the Pomoly Hex, tipi style hot tent. We bought a bell tent a couple of years ago now and use a stove in that too. Lightweight wise Im with Trojanhorse and would go with the Snugpak Scorpion 3 which Ive read some good reviews about.
Growing old disgracefully!