Bar Keepers Friend

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
FlashPan

Bar Keepers Friend

Post by FlashPan »

Nothing to do with trying to get a free pint.

I discovered this stuff recently. Comes in a spray, cream or powder form. Absolutley amazed at how easy and quick it cleans my stainless steel cooking kit.

Easy to find on youtube.

I only use the powder (advised to) and only a really small amount is needed. Use a foam scourer thing or fingers and honestly only a few drops of water, not much elbow grease required either.

Completley transformed my Dutch mess tins and BCB crusader mugs to nearly new status.

I went on an overnighter and could not get the burnt black food residue off 100% from the inside the tins and had plently of baked on soot on both the mess tins and crusader. I originally tried washing the crusader and nothing was coming off with warm water, dish soap and even vinegar.

Used this stuff and completely gone.

So am definately using this stuff for the future and maybe take on camps in the future.

Have found on ebay for aroudn £3-£4 for 205ml which will last a very long time.

I think it is one of these products that have been around for donkeys years, not changed much, does what it says it does but they don't advertise the product.

I even had a go at 1 of those ceramic non stick frying pans. Again, over time, burnt on food will eventually not come off and will help create more burnt on food as you use the pan. Used this stuff and as new again.

Is it too sad that this is my highlight of the year?
Gordon's Alive!?
grenfell

Re: Bar Keepers Friend

Post by grenfell »

Just asked the domestic goddess and she has some of the spray type , recommended by the hairdresser , and confrms that it is good stuff. We'll have to try the powder.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

It's also good for shifting rust stains
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
OperationPrep

Post by OperationPrep »

Definitely vouch for this. Good amount of use out of a small container too which is handy.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

How would this do on tea caked thermos flasks ?

I've been using salt and a bog brush bought for the job
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
jansman

Post by jansman »

ForgeCorvus wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:26 pm How would this do on tea caked thermos flasks ?

I've been using salt and a bog brush bought for the job
Bleach.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.