Who thinks a space earth ship is the ultimate idea?

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Wildmandan88

Who thinks a space earth ship is the ultimate idea?

Post by Wildmandan88 »

Hi everyone new to the forum, long term thinker and survival book worm.

So I love earthships, I think there amazing ideas with so much potential.

My idea takes it a step further.
We have bunkers, which can be built like earthships, this originally was my idea.

Which is good.

Supply's are all good but wouldn't it be better to be able to survive and produce everything from the bunker.
Hydroponics, and mimic how the earth reuses the water.
So nothing is wasted.

Your own plants produce your oxygen.
Your waste water feeds the plants which in turn is filtered through other plants and out the other side clean ready to use again.

It hasn't been done I don't think but I feel like it's possible.

Then to the next step, what if we collide with another plant and out planet breaks up.

What of we had a bunker that could with stand the impact.
Complety secure in its own bubble.
Which can just float into space and find a new orbit of its own.

Everything is produced with in the bunker.

It would need to be a very big project.
Enough to be able to support enough people and future children.

We would live in space.

I'd call it the bubble.
Spaceships are heading that way I beleave but instead of wasting a lot of energy pushing that much mass into space, we could stay on earth and just let destiny take us where ever we need to go.

Any ideas on what we would need and how to do it?
Bad Wombat

Re: Who thinks a space earth ship is the ultimate idea?

Post by Bad Wombat »

I don't think anything could survive a planetary collision. The last time we had one of those the whole earth became molten. If earth was doomed then we would need to head off-world to an existing body like the moon, mars or a decent sized asteroid. There's no point in launching stuff into space, when there is loads of stuff up there to start with. The chosen destination would need some work before we get there, but that could be done by a few self replicating robots. It's the sort of thing that could happen within most of our lifetimes. I'm not even sure it's a particularly big project. One flight to get the robots up there. Wait a while for them to build a decent human habitation. One flight for the people. Probably not even a government scale project. More the sort of thing that private companies will be able to take on in the next decade or so. Hell of a first post by the way.
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars Trilogy goes into a lot of detail on the processes of terraforming Mars (and the subsequent politics). It's great fun.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Not contenet with fecking our planet up, we started up elsewhere:

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/stat ... ebris.html
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
bobble

Post by bobble »

I thought about something similar a few years ago in case everywhere flooded.
I reckoned if you were an engineer (I'm not!) You could probably build a huge metal sphere, covered with rubber/tyres on the outside, that would just roll, in the waves/water. Inside you would live in another inner sphere, on a platform which was like the wheel in a gyroscope, so you'd always be the "right way up". As the inner sphere spun against the outer sphere they would be separated by ball bearings which would generate electricity as it spun. Something like that! And to get in/out you'd have to align the inner sphere door wi the the outer sphere door. Used to watch the Prisoner years ago...🙂
jansman

Post by jansman »

Am I really reading this?
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

You're reading it but i very much doubt you'll either experience it or lose sleep over it.
Panther

Post by Panther »

bobble wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:41 pm I thought about something similar a few years ago in case everywhere flooded.
I reckoned if you were an engineer (I'm not!) You could probably build a huge metal sphere, covered with rubber/tyres on the outside, that would just roll, in the waves/water. Inside you would live in another inner sphere, on a platform which was like the wheel in a gyroscope, so you'd always be the "right way up". As the inner sphere spun against the outer sphere they would be separated by ball bearings which would generate electricity as it spun. Something like that! And to get in/out you'd have to align the inner sphere door wi the the outer sphere door. Used to watch the Prisoner years ago...🙂
Seriously? :o :!:
There may be trouble ahead
But while there's moonlight and music
And love and romance
Let's face the music and dance
Nurseandy

Post by Nurseandy »

Shroom season? ;)
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

WTF? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm off to get a glass of wine. :mrgreen: