Help EDC/ GHB kit

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
jansman

Re: Help EDC/ GHB kit

Post by jansman »

grenfell wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:15 pm If the kit is going to live predominately in the car then a few car related items might be a good idea. Fuzes , bulbs and tools for changing wheels . I'd add a pair of disposable overalls and gloves for the time when you are going somewhere nice and don't want to get your decent clothes dirty. Flat tyres don't just happen in the zombie apocalypse , actually if tv is to be believed they very rarely happen during a zombie apocalypse. Add in some jump leads , a tow rope and a can of fuel.
I am one of those blokes who HATES cars.If it stops,someone else deals with it.Outside of SHTF,I have RAC membership.I dont like football either! :lol: No point me carrying stuff like that.My car doesn't even have a spare; It's an aerosol fix it job.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:09 pm
I am one of those blokes who HATES cars.If it stops,someone else deals with it.Outside of SHTF,I have RAC membership.I dont like football either! :lol: No point me carrying stuff like that.My car doesn't even have a spare; It's an aerosol fix it job.

The utter stupidity of car designers penny pinching to the maximum it was a £100 upcharge for a full size spare + carrier + brace and jack the tyre alone would be £100 to buy .. when I ordered my current car well worth it been used twice in 4 years ...

Mate had a hybrid got a puncture one Sunday afternoon by time rac got to him it had just gone 4pm everywhere shut they transported him from near brum to deepest darked Norfolk finally as dawn was breaking

Another had a blow out on the motorway got to hard shoulder rung AA we need you to try the can of goo before we will come out. . . Not trying it it's the off side I'm on a motorway I've had a blow out it won't work.... You must try it.... Ok..... 2 mins later .. not worked there's a puddle of gloop under the car now .... and the tyre is still laying against the central crash barrier..

(He didn't discharge the goo.) Even the AA driver wasn't happy with controls logic of following a flow chart..

The supplied jack with mine went in the bin it wasn't stable at all I've now got a big 4x4 trolley Jack much safer and faster

That said cars off in for 2 tyres on Tuesday before winter really sets in
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

grenfell wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:15 pm If the kit is going to live predominately in the car then a few car related items might be a good idea. Fuzes , bulbs and tools for changing wheels . I'd add a pair of disposable overalls and gloves for the time when you are going somewhere nice and don't want to get your decent clothes dirty. Flat tyres don't just happen in the zombie apocalypse , actually if tv is to be believed they very rarely happen during a zombie apocalypse. Add in some jump leads , a tow rope and a can of fuel.
Of course ! I should have said to carry a football too. Dribble it all the way home and you'll be there in half the time :lol:
jansman

Post by jansman »

grenfell wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:09 pm
Of course ! I should have said to carry a football too. Dribble it all the way home and you'll be there in half the time :lol:
I keep a folding spinning rod and lures in the car; I’d never get home! :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.