Help EDC/ GHB kit

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Easternwind

Help EDC/ GHB kit

Post by Easternwind »

Hi folks, i am creating a edc / GHB kit ( will mainly be kept in the car) and i am struggling to come up with ideas this is seperate from my car kit.

The kind of things i have included

Small first aid kit
Headtorch w/ spare batterys
Hand sanitizer
Facemask
Glooves- rubber, wooly ans cutproof
Pen
Spare shoe lases
Cable ties
Large plastic bag
Black insulating tape

I also need to include a swis army style pen knife

I am looking for help on what else to include and advice on what i have included.

Thanks
Everyday is a good day when you are the right side of the grass
Yorkshire Andy

Re: Help EDC/ GHB kit

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Seasonal clothing

Some form of shelter

Food/ water

How far is home from regular activities?

Cash for taxi or train home / emergency fuel

List of friends / family phone numbers ....

Medication you take regularly if any
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

2 bags of nuts 200 g about 50p each in most supermarkets this will give you roughly 2500 Cals thay don't keep for ever about 6/8 months.
Fill er up jacko...
korolev

Post by korolev »

Coins for vending machine. I carry about £5 worth in my EDC bag.
Notepad.
Spare glasses or reading glasses (even if you got good eyesight, a pair of +2 from the pound shop can help with fiddly tasks)
Forget shoelaces, carry a couple of metres of paracord.
phone charger/cable.
disposable poncho
jansman

Post by jansman »

In my kit ( similar to yours) is an Anker power pack ( will moi do three phone charges),a mini FM radio and spare batteries. ‘Proper’ heavy duty space blanket with brass grommets, and can double as a tarp or blanket.There is a Mylar blanket in there, and bin bags. All weigh next to nowt. Also a military style poncho which again, has multiple uses. Cigarette lighter X2 ( they weigh nothing).Paracord and small amount of duct tape.LED head torch AND conventional hand held torch- plus batteries. Swiss Army knife. Mess tin ( doubles as mess tin, shovel, water gatherer,emergency alarm signal) , hexi stove and fuel , 24 hour calories,500 ml bottle of water, and in a 1 litre wide neck nalgene bottle which contains a Sawyer water filter , and associated accessories. Plus water purification tablets. Lightweight waterproof jacket/ trousers/ hat/ gloves and high vis jacket. All contained ( now) in a lightweight nylon rucksack. Oh yes, I have a ‘traditional’ tobacco tin survival kit in there. In the event of a yomp home, that will go in my pocket, along with my EDC. That is in case I have to dump the GHB.

Believe it or not, that lot weighs just shy of 9 pounds. Hope that helps.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
GillyBee

Post by GillyBee »

Burner phone with credit, charger and important numbers
Enough (hidden) money for a taxi/Uber/bus If travelling into London an Oyster card is a good idea too
Comfy shoes & socks for walking (and some blister plasters if you are not in the habit of walking any distance)
Paper based maps of the areas you visit.
Bottle of water and painkillers in the first aid kit.
Easternwind

Post by Easternwind »

Thanks guys you have all been fab, some simple things that i was missing which seem so obvious now that ive seen them, being new to this site you have all proved i have made the right choice thanks oh and anymore ideas keep them coming so i can see what works for my situation
Everyday is a good day when you are the right side of the grass
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Easternwind wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:11 pm Thanks guys you have all been fab, some simple things that i was missing which seem so obvious now that ive seen them, being new to this site you have all proved i have made the right choice thanks oh and anymore ideas keep them coming so i can see what works for my situation
Just been sorting my winter kit out in the shed. .

Sleeping / shelter:

3 season down sleeping bag
Thermal bag liner
Bivvie bag
Sol emergency bivvie

Clothing: already have goretex high vis under seat

Down jacket
Wool socks
Change of clothes (lightweight trousers thermal top and bottoms t shirt and wooly jumper buff + hat & gloves

Food / drink

5l water under drivers seat (heat from foot blowers keeps it warm when traveling )
24hr ration pack
Jet boil copy
Metal cup cheap spork

Miscellaneous
Tobacco tin survival kit
Petzl head lamp. Led lenser hand torch
Medication

Folding shovel
500ml screen wash concentrate
Tow strap
Snow chains
Deicer
Sno brush
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Rebelprepping

Post by Rebelprepping »

Easternwind wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:07 pm Hi folks, i am creating a edc / GHB kit ( will mainly be kept in the car) and i am struggling to come up with ideas this is seperate from my car kit.

The kind of things i have included

Small first aid kit
Headtorch w/ spare batterys
Hand sanitizer
Facemask
Glooves- rubber, wooly ans cutproof
Pen
Spare shoe lases
Cable ties
Large plastic bag
Black insulating tape

I also need to include a swis army style pen knife

I am looking for help on what else to include and advice on what i have included.

Thanks

Depends on how far you are from your home and other equipment when youre at work. I work a long way from my home and it could take me a couple of days to walk home if needed. My get home bag includes:

A knife
Lighter
Duct tape
Heavy duty trash bag
Mylar blanket
Candle
Klean kanteen
Peanut butter
High powered torch.

Your pack should compliment your skill set. I went really deep on bushcraft and outdoor survival skills so i dont need a lot of equipment. That will allow me a couple of days on it's own and to get home.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

If the kit is going to live predominately in the car then a few car related items might be a good idea. Fuzes , bulbs and tools for changing wheels . I'd add a pair of disposable overalls and gloves for the time when you are going somewhere nice and don't want to get your decent clothes dirty. Flat tyres don't just happen in the zombie apocalypse , actually if tv is to be believed they very rarely happen during a zombie apocalypse. Add in some jump leads , a tow rope and a can of fuel.