Torches.

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
korolev

Re: Torches.

Post by korolev »

Just had to buy some more throwaway torches; We had family staying last week and my great nephew and great niece loved them so I gave them one each.

At under three quid each you can't go wrong with sk-68s (just need to modify them to single mode) :

rik_uk3

Post by rik_uk3 »

You can't go wrong with those torches.

I've used these for a number of years

I clip them on jacket zippers, rucksack zips/buckles, keyring, FAK, food box, fire starter kit etc and they have proven very handy. On ebay they are about 75p each or less.
Richard
South Wales UK
Retired, spending the children's inheritance.
tarmactatt

Post by tarmactatt »

Headlamps key to enable you to do tasks 'hands-free'.

Lanterns are good, or sticking a torch in a mug to bounce the light off the ceiling.

Fairy lights, while undecidedly 'tactical' or 'prepping' are actually very nice too, most come in a comforting warm white colour, the LED ones run for ages off a set of batteries.

If you're in a household with people who are adverse to wearing a headlamp etc, there are lots of cheap, battery powered, LED, PIR motion sensor lights on ebay, which would work well on stairs or in bathrooms.

Solar chargers are better than nowt, but unfortunately work worst when you need most light, ie. winter.
jansman

Post by jansman »

We have an Ever ready LED with motion sensor at the top of our wickedly steep stairs. Great piece of kit! It means we can visit the bathroom in the night, and our foster dog isn’t disturbed in the spare room. Be good if there is a power cut.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:43 pm We have an Ever ready LED with motion sensor at the top of our wickedly steep stairs. Great piece of kit! It means we can visit the bathroom in the night, and our foster dog isn’t disturbed in the spare room. Be good if there is a power cut.
We've got a landing with a step either side the osram equivalent battery light on the top of the skirting is great at 3am when you need the loo
Screenshot_20210926-161304.png

Lidl have their cob led push lights in at the moment £3.99 for 2 incl batteries :lol:
Screenshot_20210926-161249.png
The 3m double sided tape supplied is naff btw
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jansman

Post by jansman »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:15 pm
jansman wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:43 pm We have an Ever ready LED with motion sensor at the top of our wickedly steep stairs. Great piece of kit! It means we can visit the bathroom in the night, and our foster dog isn’t disturbed in the spare room. Be good if there is a power cut.
We've got a landing with a step either side the osram equivalent battery light on the top of the skirting is great at 3am when you need the loo

Lidl have their cob led push lights in at the moment £3.99 for 2 incl batteries :lol:

Just like our stairs.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:17 pm
Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:15 pm

Just like our stairs.

When I consolidated most of my blackout preps I had a heart attack at adding it all up at current list prices :lol: most stuff I got out the bargain bins / clearance .. Lidl push lights 2x for £1 :lol: strange I had 3 sets (6 lights) I'd forgotten about in a draw in the workshop.
Screenshot_20210926-205031.png
The osram PIR I photoed above
.https://www.savemoneycutcarbon.com/prod ... UKEALw_wcB

£3 each from home bargains the other year

Just got to keep your eyes open
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine