Power tools

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Medusa

Re: Power tools

Post by Medusa »

Husband has a huge arsenal of power tools for his trade. I tend to ooh and ah a lot at power tools but only had a Ryobi reciprocating saw of my own for cutting up pallets for firewood as I struggled with a chainsaw. I let him borrow it and he broke it so now Im sawless. I need a replacement but am reluctant to buy a similar item which obviously isnt up to the job. I do have a log splitter on my wish list too.
Growing old disgracefully!
jansman

Post by jansman »

Mrs.J. tells me her sewing machine is her go to tool ( I know this of course), and it is useful to be able to ask " any chance you can mend this? " and it is fixed in double quick time! The one she has now is a reconditioned Brother industrial job ( old pal of mine is a machine mechanic,and she got a good deal).Her overlocking machine gets some hammer too.I have my fave fishing jacket that needs mending,but she tells me it needs boiling first,or preferably burning! Dunno what she means...
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Medusa

Post by Medusa »

Santa (husband) brought me a new saw an Oregon electric chainsaw to replace the broken reciprocating saw. He knew I hated the petrol chainsaw because I just didnt have the oomph to get it going and when I did it cut out. I was a bit concerned about the weight of it at first, but actually its not too bad and cut through a few big logs like butter. Chopping wood whether with a saw or an axe is one of my favourite outdoor jobs, I love to watch the pile of cut wood getting bigger, and the wood shed getting fuller, knowing that we will have plenty to heat the house :)
Growing old disgracefully!
jansman

Post by jansman »

Medusa wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:42 pm Santa (husband) brought me a new saw an Oregon electric chainsaw to replace the broken reciprocating saw. He knew I hated the petrol chainsaw because I just didnt have the oomph to get it going and when I did it cut out. I was a bit concerned about the weight of it at first, but actually its not too bad and cut through a few big logs like butter. Chopping wood whether with a saw or an axe is one of my favourite outdoor jobs, I love to watch the pile of cut wood getting bigger, and the wood shed getting fuller, knowing that we will have plenty to heat the house :)
Electric chainsaws are excellent,in a backyard small- scale situation.I have petrol (Husqvarna) and electric.The husky is great for big jobs,and off- site.The electric though,is my go-to,if I am honest.I get little to medium windfalls of wood,and the electric is great to fetch out and smash it up in minutes.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

I'm currently watching a youtube vid about making a shavehorse....Starting with a log.

Anyway, the guy in that has a cordless electric that he uses when hes doing stuff for English Heritage and on SSSI's, quieter and doesn't belch petrol and oil fumes everywhere
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar