Bike to charge phones

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Yorkshire Andy

Re: Bike to charge phones

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:49 pm To be honest,if the phone network goes,then it will be game over.We will all be at home living locally.If mobiles dont work,even better.Folks will have to look up from their screens and...speak face to face.imagine such a thing! :lol:

We had a good game of I spy with the kids via cb radio last week in the car traveling in convoy with a family friend
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jansman

Post by jansman »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:08 pm
jansman wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:49 pm To be honest,if the phone network goes,then it will be game over.We will all be at home living locally.If mobiles dont work,even better.Folks will have to look up from their screens and...speak face to face.imagine such a thing! :lol:

We had a good game of I spy with the kids via cb radio last week in the car traveling in convoy with a family friend
Love it!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Easternwind

Post by Easternwind »

😅😅😅 and that is when the real panick would start
Everyday is a good day when you are the right side of the grass
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Easternwind wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:49 pm

No Facebook :lol: can't Google how to light a gas ring with no mains electricity :roll: (had so show a friend in the past how to use a lighter on the home gas cooker :? )

Nurseandy

Post by Nurseandy »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:35 am

No Facebook :lol: can't Google how to light a gas ring with no mains electricity :roll: (had so show a friend in the past how to use a lighter on the home gas cooker :? )
Which is in direct contrast to a mate of mine who ran out of matches to light his fag so rolled up a sheet of newspaper, put it on an ELECTRIC hob until it caught fire then lit his fag off that! :lol:
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Nurseandy wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:27 am

Which is in direct contrast to a mate of mine who ran out of matches to light his fag so rolled up a sheet of newspaper, put it on an ELECTRIC hob until it caught fire then lit his fag off that! :lol:

Did he not have a toaster? :lol:

jansman

Post by jansman »

Can’t light a cooker? That’s a worry.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

It is I can remember mum dad + grandma All having pizzo hand held lighters

https://www.screwfix.com/p/c-k-piezoele ... lsrc=aw.ds

And grandma taking a week to get her head out the oven and back on her feet once lit :lol:

Suppose some have never been camping and if their parents had electric cookers have never experienced the "old way" of doing stuff plus the addition of flame failure devices (another complication) "the gas won't work unless there electric"

no clicking noise as the knob is pressed and turned I'm guessing confuzzles people....

DustyDog

Post by DustyDog »

It’s amazing how fast we are losing even the simplest of skills, such as this here. :lol:
Attachments
D0AC1B15-C61E-4EB9-BB34-19CB7AB04711.jpeg
Up in the wet South Lakeland
bobble

Post by bobble »

I've always liked the idea that you can get some power from your bike. Soylent Green was the first time I realised that you could use a bike to power a lightbulb inside a house.
In a good programme on BBC in 2009 they powered a whole house using a team of cyclists pedalling like mad! It was on Bang goes the Theory and I think this link should work to view it. A real eye opener and a definite reality check.
https://youtu.be/vPxuuB_ZBuk