Wearing of army clothing in town.

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Trojanhorse

Re: Wearing of army clothing in town.

Post by Trojanhorse »

Also look at Ark Air this is part of Arktis but for the civy market but to the same quality. Expensive new but 2nd hand is appearing.
munchh

Post by munchh »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:15 pm I think the olive stripe really highlights the mtp trousers :tinfoil
I like it 😎

I wear helicon gear every day. Normaly shorts in coyote brown. I used to wear the American camo trousers but you just cant get them now. I do like the 3 colour desert but i cut the combats down to shorts.
But the last time i wore the helucon combats and jacket i got asked if i was a mercinary so i dont tend to do the double unless im up the woods or fishing now.
I still think its funny that army surpluss camo is looked at funny but if its come from Next, Superdry or George at Asda nobody bats an eyelid 🙄
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
jenkinstein

Post by jenkinstein »

Years ago went to get an ex army landrover with my dad... it was raining so I wore a pair of DPM trousers as it's inevitable to get oily wetness on them.... closest tshirt to hand was an olive green one with a red skull in the middle from the band "de-mob" never heard of them but liked the t-shirt...it was hammering down and only water proof jacket was ex army DPM gortex… I knew the place we were going to take the landy to was a muddy yard so on went my boots... ex army para boots.... so with the jacket zipped 3/4 I looked very much double camo and olive tishirt… I remember looking in the mirror and thinking "you got this... no worse than double denim"

I got to Dad's house and there he is in Tesco DPM cargo trousers and reaching for a DPM jacket we both had our heads shaved to number 1. Both 6'+.... couldn't have looked any more like wannabe warriors if we tried....

I often wear DPM trousers and I've noticed that most people who take the mick are wide boy geezer types who love themselves far too much!
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jenkinstein wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:36 am Years ago went to get an ex army landrover with my dad... it was raining so I wore a pair of DPM trousers as it's inevitable to get oily wetness on them.... closest tshirt to hand was an olive green one with a red skull in the middle from the band "de-mob" never heard of them but liked the t-shirt...it was hammering down and only water proof jacket was ex army DPM gortex… I knew the place we were going to take the landy to was a muddy yard so on went my boots... ex army para boots.... so with the jacket zipped 3/4 I looked very much double camo and olive tishirt… I remember looking in the mirror and thinking "you got this... no worse than double denim"

I got to Dad's house and there he is in Tesco DPM cargo trousers and reaching for a DPM jacket we both had our heads shaved to number 1. Both 6'+.... couldn't have looked any more like wannabe warriors if we tried....

I often wear DPM trousers and I've noticed that most people who take the mick are wide boy geezer types who love themselves far too much!

I've done similar few years back deep snow / slush I was going for a beer or 2..

Combat boots (Matterhorn goretex lined)

Dpm goretex trousers and jacket over down jacket and some "shoe chains"

Marching down the underpass I attracted the attention of the local teenagers who hang round in groups doing nothing much else but taking the piss out of anyone they feel like..

They marched behind me shouting left right left right.... It was approaching dusk the slush was refreezing...

Squeal behind me as one hit the deck dragging 2 others down with her.....

Quick cheer and a laugh I matched on been called all sorts of names :lol:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
intuitive

Post by intuitive »

i used to airsoft and i had the luck of meeting a guy who was in the military through my partners friend...i was talking to him all night and got on well...he said next time i come ill bring you loads of spare gear if you like...a week later he knocks my door with 1 big bin bag stuffed full of lost,old and unclaimed property...i managed to kit the entire team out with dpm gear, i had a new camalbak, bottle and cup, 2 pairs of gloves, balaclavas, water proofs, coats, tshirts, a backpack, shooting goggles. i couldnt believe it.

anyway i was going airsofting one evening and my mate was running late and said ill pick you up on the main road/corner be ready...id gotten dressed and was wearing the full lot already...there i was stood in the middle of what felt like a stage...there was a family walking up which looked middle aged...this guy was just giving me the full look up and down as he neared me...ive never felt so uncomftable tbh. but at the same time i think people also feel slight on edge too...as when we all stood outside the venue for a break and had to cross the road for a smoke...alot of people used to really double take...stair and sometimes turn around. i think seeing a group of guys like this almost looked criminal at times. :|
redskies

Post by redskies »

I live in Austrian combats, boots & I have an Austrian jacket too. Warm, comfortable, hard wearing, dries fast when it gets wet - which is often up here - and as most women I know will attest, it has proper pockets, and plenty of em.

Not had any issues where we live, but when we were in NI in January I got a few odd looks. Austrian green is a very different shade to British Army green, but, apparently folk can't spot it these days. No one said anything or caused any problems, so I didn't bother. I don't care about seeing anyone in uniform, as long as they're entitled to wear that uniform and not trying to pass themselves off as something they're not - usually easy enough to tell. Some random bloke puttering along minding his own is not a case of stolen valour!
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

i pretty much go everywhere wearing either a desert wind proof smock or the fleece lined german parka(do have the early version without the zip just the button up front but there hard to find these days so that stays in the wardrobe lol),alot of my gear is ex military,when my brother served he used to send me no end of stuff home and like iv said just to play airsoft as well...
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
SpiderDan

Post by SpiderDan »

I'm ex R.A.F and got no problem with people wearing anything as long as there is no unit patches or medals. Saying that about fifteen years ago DR Who got really popular and one of the main characters in that used to run around in an R.A.F coat, having the knock on effect of every neckbearded virgin buying and running around thinking they were Biggles. I found it mildly annoying but would of never caused trouble for any of them.
Medusa

Post by Medusa »

I work in a small town, well known for being a bit chavvy (sorry a bit judgemental but gives you an idea of the general dress code of the area). Leaving work today I saw someone in full camo gear including a massive bergen walking down the main street and he stuck out like a sore thumb. There are no army barracks and he didnt strike me as being military or areas to wild camp in around there, although I guess he could have walked from the railway station after a camping trip.
Growing old disgracefully!
Jerseyspud

Post by Jerseyspud »

I don't wear army clothing but I'm usually in leggings, docs and a hoodie. Ideal if I need to get out if somewhere (docs are also lab safe so wear them for work)
when it comes to catastrophic events, we never know when the day before is the day before. So we prepare for tomorrow

Prepping on a small island