Wearing of army clothing in town.

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
grenfell

Re: Wearing of army clothing in town.

Post by grenfell »

Just to continue the story of the camo wheelbarrow. The guy who borrowed the wheelbarrow is a historian and organiser of historical events so should know a thing or two. Now , anoraks at the ready , the wheelbarrow's camo scheme does look superficially like WW2 German camo so i asked him if was subtly testing our knowledge because of course we all knew that the dunklegelb , dark yellow , camo base wasn't used until 1943 and German army vehicles in the Stalingrad campaign were painted dunklegrau , the dark grey sometimes erroneously called panzer grey . Add to that German camo of the time didn't include a black element ...
How we laughed , probably needed to be there though...
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

grenfell wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:44 am Just to continue the story of the camo wheelbarrow. The guy who borrowed the wheelbarrow is a historian and organiser of historical events so should know a thing or two. Now , anoraks at the ready , the wheelbarrow's camo scheme does look superficially like WW2 German camo so i asked him if was subtly testing our knowledge because of course we all knew that the dunklegelb , dark yellow , camo base wasn't used until 1943 and German army vehicles in the Stalingrad campaign were painted dunklegrau , the dark grey sometimes erroneously called panzer grey . Add to that German camo of the time didn't include a black element ...
How we laughed , probably needed to be there though...
Camorak!! :lol:
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

grenfell wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:09 pm
jansman wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 5:54 am
grenfell wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:13 am i have a cement mixer in camo paint
That’s a good idea with the mixer grenfell. Mine is covered with a tarp,but I have some odds and ends of green paint from a greenhouse project. Like you say,ugly item painted orange! :lol:
It started off pretty much accidentally. The mixer was stood next to the workshop and i had wiped a few brushes out on it and it then dawned on me that i could make the whole thing much less obvious.
In the same vein i was given a wheelbarrow that needed painting as most of the original paint had come off. I had a gallon of pale brown eggshell so painted it with that and then just for the heck of it blobbed , or rather sponged , brown , green and black paint all over it. I leant it to a friend and his comment was " this must be old , last used on the Stalingrad front" . :D

Anyone else disappointed that it's not under a load of camo netting, with two or three decoy mixers knocked up out of plywood to fool reconaissance overflights?
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Many a word said in jest. About six or seven years ago we were fostering. Part of the process is health and safety inspection of the house and garden. I'm in the building trade and was working on our house but the h&s inspector looked at the neatly stacked new materials and said "all this debris will have to go" even though we were going to be fostering a newly born. To be fair they did get us a skip for it but i moved it all down to the bottom of the garden and hid it under camo netting . The mixer was already camoed up so joined the bricks and blocks down the garden too. Worked too as when the h&s inspector came back she looked out the back and was perfectly happy.
shocker

Post by shocker »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:30 pm
jenkinstein wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:36 am ... closest tshirt to hand was an olive green one with a red skull in the middle from the band "de-mob" never heard of them but liked the t-shirt...
DEMOB : punk rock band from Gloucester, early 80s, maybe they went on later, I have their single "Anti Police" somewhere.
Would have got a second look from me, at least...
*** NOW 30% LESS SHOCKING!!!***