Dutch Army Combat Jacket DPM, Any good ?

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Citizen H

Dutch Army Combat Jacket DPM, Any good ?

Post by Citizen H »

Anyone ever owned one of these?

what's the heads up on them, I believe they come with a gortex liner and made from a strong cotton mix material, similar camo to the British 68 ptn,

any info / reviews would be greatly appreciated.

Be Safe Citizen "H"
Attachments
dutch army jacket.jpg
Im just hoping for the best and preparing for the worse.

Citizen "H"
sniper 55

Re: Dutch Army Combat Jacket DPM, Any good ?

Post by sniper 55 »

As it's the same DPM (or looks the same to me) as the British old stuff I'd be tempted to look for the older fully lined British ones, ours had internal pockets in the back too and a hood. That looks quite thin. (I might be wrong)
Citizen H

Post by Citizen H »

sniper 55 wrote:As it's the same DPM (or looks the same to me) as the British old stuff I'd be tempted to look for the older fully lined British ones, ours had internal pockets in the back too and a hood. That looks quite thin. (I might be wrong)

hey fella, yup looking to replace the 68ptn that dated from the 70's, most ive seen are washed out failing apart and as that what im with at the moment Id thought id try something different, I've a olive green Dutch KL that just the job only wanted something in camo, I bought a British DPM Para jacket and that material is just fecking ?hit, ok cheers for the thoughts Citizen "H"

Citizen "H"
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

The ones we had were tough as old boots, we're talking 1970/1980 though. I always fancied the old fashioned para denison smock but they are a silly price these days.
What size are you after?, I've got a few dpm jackets here somewhere. Doubt they'll fit me now though.
Citizen H

Post by Citizen H »

sniper 55 wrote:The ones we had were tough as old boots, we're talking 1970/1980 though. I always fancied the old fashioned para denison smock but they are a silly price these days.
What size are you after?, I've got a few dpm jackets here somewhere. Doubt they'll fit me now though.

Hey Fella, Im 6ft 3" 34 waist 42/44 Chest, Ive seen a few on flea bay but there all size 6, so wont fit a BFG,

let me know if you have any that may fit,

the Belgium Army had similar to the para smocks for the 1960 angola war, I have 2007 DPM with the tail, its badged up to the RAF Regiment with para wings, I bought it thinking it would be good replacement but it don't sing to me, so will be moving it on, It a big size, too big for me,

All the best Citizen "H"

Citizen "H"
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

I'll dig out what I've got, wont have much time for a day or so though mate.
Trojanhorse

Post by Trojanhorse »

I just got a DPM tantalus Jacket of ebay- very happy.
Citizen H

Post by Citizen H »

Trojanhorse wrote:I just got a DPM tantalus Jacket of ebay- very happy.
yeap, I had a look at these and they looked pretty much the same a the Dutch DPM, I don't really do hoods and the Dutch jacket has different lining options, it then came down to Price (I'm on a tight budget) I'm holding fire for the moment as my Dutch plain olive green will take me through the winter and I will revisit this in the new year, thanks for the heads up,

Be Safe Citizen "H"

Citizen "H"
PreparedKent

Post by PreparedKent »

A soldier 95 hooded windproof smock would be better (some sites call it an SAS smock). Gore-Tex lined.
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

I dug them out, one is the old fully lined but thats a 40 cheast and looking tatty now, the other is the unlined one but looks ok.thats a 190/112 (44 chest 6.3 hight if I remember rightly)needs a good pressing though as it's been bunged in a bergan for ages.
tn_DSCF0493.JPG