British Army NBC Suit

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
JDandCoke

British Army NBC Suit

Post by JDandCoke »

Hello

http://www.preppersshop.co.uk/bristish- ... 1333-p.asp

Are these any good? Would it be good enough to run away either by car or on foot from dangerous area?
PreparedKent

Re: British Army NBC Suit

Post by PreparedKent »

The suit along with a respirator would work.... you will have to be extremely fit to run in it though :lol:
jansman

Post by jansman »

Ooh, I remember doing my NBC training. Horrible things to wear and live in for 24 hrs. That was a looong time ago, but if my memory serves me correctly, I think once they are unpacked they only have a 24 hr life span.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
JDandCoke

Post by JDandCoke »

jansman wrote:Ooh, I remember doing my NBC training. Horrible things to wear and live in for 24 hrs. That was a looong time ago, but if my memory serves me correctly, I think once they are unpacked they only have a 24 hr life span.
Does it mean they are one use? What meds shall I take in case of being in contaminated area? I am asking just out of curiosity.
gamekeeper752

Post by gamekeeper752 »

your right about the 24 hours thing the idea was we would be re supplied once a day which meant you could piss and shite in it and then get rid of it, dont believe now that we would have been re supplied.

Any way not sure of the shelf life and make sure you have lots of fullers earth and detection strips

there must be chaps on here who had an empty canister for CFT's and the like, tin hat full NBC kit and SLR
Train hard,Fight easy, put the kettle on and make tea
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

You need the two piece suit, respirator and canister, two sets of gloves, overboots, spare sets of all to replace after 24hrs, decontamination ability for Nuclear, Biological and Chemical incidents.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
gamekeeper752

Post by gamekeeper752 »

what about NAPS Tabs or the epipen that were issued or getting various inoculations Anthrax and the like as with most things its gonna come down to risk and need in the aftermath of an incident.

personally I'm gonna be as far as i can be under cover, most BC scenarios have a limited shelf life and its really only a Nuclear scenario that's going to mess things up for a long time and if its Anthrax we're all going to die, as I don't believe civvies can get a jab against it

Actually this has made me think about my nuclear survivability a little bit more
Train hard,Fight easy, put the kettle on and make tea
Captain Darling

Post by Captain Darling »

Nerve Agent Pretreatment tablets atropine epi-pens are both controlled substances. Also very easy to miss use.

When Saddam's scuds were raining on Israel, more people died from atropine poisoning than from any nerve agents.

Also it's not just owning a rubber face welly and noddy suit, gloves etc. You have to know how to use it all correctly.

On a scale of how likely is it to happen and how much will it cost to cover and how much training you would need to get current, and then stay current, you have to ask, is it worth it?
Cutting, combustion, cordage, container, cover.
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

Army surplus or out of date NBC suits or respirator S10 and canisters , is really like using a out of date condom that's been in your wallet for 10 years . Yes it looks fine but when your at the pit face and all that separates you is a badly stored bit of rubber would you trust your life to it .
Unless they have been stored right and repacked right in the unit they are stored which they should be . Then sold off to surplus shops that might not store them properly . Have a look at arco website or any safety supply company they sell full face repertory and filters , tyvek suits , gloves and over boots. But unless you have back ups if you do get contaminated and can decontaminate properly your stuffed . Save your money and buy a cheap half face filter mask .

If you want to how the army does it look on eBay for a army publication survive to fight . They will give you the basics.
J
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

While the idea is good you need to be able to decontaminate the suit before removing it at a safe place (assuming there is a safe place) As others have said they are hard work to work in, especially in really hot weather. We used to do 3 mile runs in them and even really fit guys were stuffed by the end.