Bulk Mylar Bags & Oxygen Absorbers Purchase

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
JACKANGUS

Re: Bulk Mylar Bags & Oxygen Absorbers Purchase

Post by JACKANGUS »

I honestly would not bother with food grade buckets they are too expensive and the foods are not going to be touching the bucket anyway they will be in the Mylar bags.
I have Twenty, 20 ltr buckets full of mylar food that i did about 5 years ago that I got from the hardware store and they are fine.
Of course you would not use old buckets that chemicals or nasty stuff used to be inside them. Normal heavy duty buckets from the hardware store are great and probably half price compared to food quality buckets.
If you are really worried just buy everyday buckets and give them a good wash.
JACKANGUS

Post by JACKANGUS »

Squirrelcatcher wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:31 pm When I bought oxygen absorbent bags they were nicely sealed in an airtight bag, but all in the one. Would have been useful if they could have been sealed in separate pouches to allow for not having to use all at once. I lost several.
I feel your pain. You can buy seperate oxy absorbers but they are more expensive. I opened the pack, took the Oxy absorber out and put the rest in the smallest zip lock bag I could find and then squeeze the air out and put it inside another zip lock bag. I'm sure you lose a little doing it this way but not sure of a better way to do it. That way they were good for months in the zip lock bags.
Probably best to buy the seperate if you can afford it, so much less hassle. Just my 2 cents worth.
Dutch_Uncle

Re: Bulk Mylar/Oxy Absorbers Purchase

Post by Dutch_Uncle »

itsybitsy wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am Taking expressions of interest again to see if we can drum up enough takers for a bulk purchase. :)
I'd certainly be game.
Dutch_Uncle

Post by Dutch_Uncle »

I'll have to get back to you on the amounts but I'd be interested in the larger size bags and oxygen absorbers.
I'm going to ask at the local deli and bakery next week about food grade buckets.