Bulk Mylar Bags & Oxygen Absorbers Purchase

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Deeps

Re: Bulk Mylar/Oxy Absorbers Purchase

Post by Deeps »

Brambles wrote:
Deeps wrote:I might as well ask here, I'm getting curious about the oxy absorbers, what's the craic ? Are they reusable, do they have a shelf life kind of stuff. How often can you go in and out of a container with one in it.

The reason I'm asking is that I've got stuff that is getting 'old' and I'm starting to think about shelf life, this prepping thing isn't as simple as I first thought. :shock:
They are single use and as far as I know(but do your own research) do not have a shelf life BUT must be stored in the corret manner (ie vac sealed or in an airtight container)

I use them in kilner jars full of stuff that I know are going to be stored unused for more than 6 months. Once you open the jars,they will keep work for a while in jars that you use, but quickly lose their efficacy, but then once I start using stuff it doesn't really matter.
Thanks, that's the impression I've got, I've got dehydrated stuff that's fine in the kilners for more than six months, some of it a year so far and no ill effects. I'm not looking at 'serious' long term that will be getting put away for years although it might pan out that way, some of it is hardly getting used which is why I'm starting to think oxy. It might not be cost effective if they're 'once only'. I'm leaning towards a move away to vac sealing into smaller portions for ready use stuff. Hmm more to ponder, cheers Missus.
itsybitsy

Re: Bulk Mylar/Oxy Absorbers Purchase

Post by itsybitsy »

Taking expressions of interest again to see if we can drum up enough takers for a bulk purchase. :)
peejay

Re: Bulk Mylar Bags & Oxygen Absorbers Purchase

Post by peejay »

I'll express an interest. Haven't done any of these myself yet but been looking to buy into some at least so once you know how many folks are interested, let me know what order numbers you'd be needing to make it viable (I'm happy to buy a bunch, not trying to buy silly little numbers if I'm going to buy anything!).
wills

Post by wills »

interested
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

I'll toss my hat into the ring too, I'll be up for both. Cheers for organising it Itsy.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Deeps wrote:I'll toss my hat into the ring too, I'll be up for both. Cheers for organising it Itsy.
No bother. Just need to know what you want though, eh? :lol:
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

wills wrote:interested
Can you let me know what you want?
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

peejay wrote:I'll express an interest. Haven't done any of these myself yet but been looking to buy into some at least so once you know how many folks are interested, let me know what order numbers you'd be needing to make it viable (I'm happy to buy a bunch, not trying to buy silly little numbers if I'm going to buy anything!).
Thanks Peejay. If you let me know what you want and we'll go from there. :)
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

It will depend on how big the order is, I'm reasonably flexible, up to a point, if you need another 20 of this or whatever then I don't mind upping but I'll need to take my shoes and socks off for the full tally. ;)
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Deeps wrote:It will depend on how big the order is, I'm reasonably flexible, up to a point, if you need another 20 of this or whatever then I don't mind upping but I'll need to take my shoes and socks off for the full tally. ;)
We'll all club in and buy you an abacus...