slingshot recommendations

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
bungee

slingshot recommendations

Post by bungee »

Can anyone give me some recommendations please?

I want something powerful enough to hunt with should i need to, but not break the bank.
There are quite a few on amazon but they all look like toys- but if you have any experience with these and they are ok let me know.

A few different price ranges would help; something I can afford now - maybe up to £20/30 (although cheaper is fine if you think its a reasonable slingshot)

And something I can aspire to should I suddenly win the lottery...

Not bothered about sling bows, unless that's just a feature of it anyway.

Thanks!
" those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”
― Douglas Adams
Plymtom

Re: slingshot recommendations

Post by Plymtom »

Has to be Gamekeeper John We've got a few http://www.gamekeeper-catapults.co.uk/special-offers
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Gamekeeper John makes some good kit, very good. Worth a look. Once you have used it you will realise how cheaply you can make your own though, which is what I do.

Many folks like the Barnett Black Widow with the arm brace. Never could get on with that. However, they do the 'Strike9' which is less than a tenner. And it does the job. Spare bands are easily acquired etc.

The thing is, it is about practice. Does not matter how much it costs, it is how you use it.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
The-Mendologist

Post by The-Mendologist »

The only one i know about would be the black widow, as a couple of friends had them when we were in our teens which was a long time back.
jansman

Post by jansman »

As I said, it is about practice. whatever you use.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

Suffolk slingshots on ebay do a nice wooden one, but practice is the key.
greyman

Post by greyman »

Save your money and find yourself a nice fork.
You'll appreciate a lot more,and like that all said,practice,practice,practice.
I personally use chain linked elastic bands,any power combination you like and cheap as chips.
I've had chain linked fire a BB as powerful as double theraband.
butterbean

Post by butterbean »

ive got a black widow, bought it from skeggy about 5 years ago with the intention of something to play with.
unless you have little girly wrists (In my opinion) then it will be uncomfortable to use and the arm rest will not fit across the way it is intended and you will have to twist the wrist to fit.
success leads to complacency, complacency leads to failure. Only the Paranoid survive!!
munchh

Post by munchh »

I just bought 2 sets of barnet slings for £7 then noticed the strike 9 for £8 delivered from the uk, cant be bad at all, ive got 2 black widow style cats, both bootsale finds one better than the other, so me and the boys can have a play, i might have to get a stike 9 so we can all play :D
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.