UK based preppers - seminar / trade show / meet up?

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
maldini3

UK based preppers - seminar / trade show / meet up?

Post by maldini3 »

I'm not quite sure where to post this as I'm new to the forum so if any mods want to locate it to a more appropriate subforum please do!

Anyway - has there to date been any kind of seminar / trade show for UK based preppers? Somewhere that people can meet up for workshops / browse trade stalls / observe and participate crash courses in things like First Aid and basic self defence / hear talks from experts in various fields and obviously just meet up with like minded people?

Without giving too much away on a new forum I feel it's something I could put together with relative ease but obviously if it's not of interest to people or there simply aren't enough people that would be interested it's going to to be difficult to make it viable financially as there will be a cost involved. I've always been of the opinion that the UK based prepping community is a lot bigger than a lot of people think but I can't imagine we're the easiest target audience to advertise to either! haha!

So at this stage if anyone has any experience of similar events / ideas on making something like this successful or anything else please do let me know..
Smudge

Re: UK based preppers - seminar / trade show / meet up?

Post by Smudge »

Not as such to my knowledge, there have been seminars by some people (so I hear) also Armoured Cockroach & Funkyprepper on youtube organised a prepper meet up with some folks and I believe many either use the wilderness gathering or bushcraft show.

I believe Royston started to try and organise something with people on his forum but I rarely go there and I know NorthernRaider in the past has tried to organise things but from what I've read has been left sorely disapointed.

Generally the UK preppers are a fragmented group of people, some don't play well with others (just saw an excellent example of the worlds biggest idiot trying to bait rik).

Be interested to hear what you have in mind ;)
If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is usually the answer.
preppergb

Post by preppergb »

Apparently there is one on the south coast on the 20th of September 2014 these two You Tube links may help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVFe5dN20MQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeFuktuqeBQ
strayed

Post by strayed »

Hmm that might be worth going down to see.
butterbean

Post by butterbean »

glad i just stumbled across this, I'm defo going to do my best to get down to surrey for that
success leads to complacency, complacency leads to failure. Only the Paranoid survive!!
Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

Farnham is not on the coast. it is in surrey which is not a coastal county, a more accurate description would be in the home counties
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
Briggs 2.0

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

I've been watching a few of the videos on the organisers youtube channels to see if it's worth going along. I'm not sure yet, maybe I'll wait until there's a bit more information posted.
Off-Grid & Living Outdoors
ShadowCompanyGhost

Post by ShadowCompanyGhost »

the last Funky meet up had over 150 preppers attend
Wonderer

Post by Wonderer »

I think it would be great idea, I'm from midlands so travelling down South might be an issue as only have one car and wife uses it for work. But would love to attend something like that to engage with other preppers.
Area 8.
Malthouse

Post by Malthouse »

Very interesting, needs looking into! :)