Checking your bags

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
korolev

Checking your bags

Post by korolev »

I don't have a Bug Out Bag as such, but I do have a Hospital Bag; Having been taken off to hospital on blue lights a few years back and having no time to grab anything except my phone I put a bag together.
To cut a long story short, I checked it the other day and the tin of coke I had in it had burst (we moved last year and it must have got banged in the whole hullabaloo). It didn't leak outside the bag but the contents must have absorbed it and now some of it is unusable/ gone mouldy .
Ah well, I shall check/redo it all but it's a timely reminder to check bags regularly.
Vitamin c

Re: Checking your bags

Post by Vitamin c »

My hospital bag I sort through every now and again clothing gets damp and musty .
I also keep £50 in my wallet for emergencys after being released in morning no bus service so £40 for a 15 mile taxi ride not nice.
Fill er up jacko...
GillyBee

Post by GillyBee »

My £50 now lives in an attachment on my key ring disguised as a standard key fob. It has saved me embarrassment at the supermarket a couple of times when I forgot my wallet and is always in my pocket. (Even if the fire alarm goes off at work while I am in the loo)
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Vitamin c wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:50 am My hospital bag I sort through every now and again clothing gets damp and musty .
I also keep £50 in my wallet for emergencys after being released in morning no bus service so £40 for a 15 mile taxi ride not nice.

Look in home bargains they have 5 and 20l dry bags in the camping section for a few quid..
Screenshot_20210914-205346.png
My hospital / hotel bag is a bit bigger more beefy dry bag but even the smaller ones will keep your kit dry even if you dunk it in a flood eg being rescued by the flood rescue boats

Couple of silica gel packets in it and your stuffs going to stay dry even if you store it in a very leaky shed

bigger heavy one

https://www.sportsdirect.com/gul-50l-he ... e=88101290
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
peejay

Post by peejay »

Good shout on the dry bags - I have a few spare & mould is something that's put me off packing a hospital bag so far (detached bungalow is bloody riddled with it in winter)
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

If you were taken to hospital via ambulance (like me) you will have only what your stood up in for me out on a walk jeans dirty muddy boots no money or wallet or glasses I had my phone but no charger .
A bum bag with a few bits and pieces is now with me on every walk.
Fill er up jacko...
korolev

Post by korolev »

Vitamin c wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:46 pm If you were taken to hospital via ambulance (like me) you will have only what your stood up in for me out on a walk jeans dirty muddy boots no money or wallet or glasses I had my phone but no charger .
A bum bag with a few bits and pieces is now with me on every walk.
When I was taken off I was asked "do you need to grab a bag ?" This was pre-covid though so the doris could follow me there (or she might have been in the ambulance, I cannot remember) and she grabbed a phone charger and her handbag.