Virtual EDC - which digital survival kits do you carry?

How are you preparing
tbenson

Virtual EDC - which digital survival kits do you carry?

Post by tbenson »

When you travel you may have an emergency plan ready to use but when a situation occurs, it is unlikely that you will have access to all of your resources. What you will have access to is what you carry on your person at all times - your EDC including your phone, music player, tablet or laptop.

As everything is becoming digitalized, we can carry information on these devises in the form of an electronic file - I carry a number of apps etc on my iPhone, which never leaves my pocket.

I am collating an ‘Ultimate List’.

Which apps, software or files do you carry with you at all times?

To start off, my favorites are;

1. Real-time Bushcraft Survival Guide audiobooks; www.survivalaudiobooks.com

2.Wild Plant Survival app; https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/wild-pl ... 45326?mt=8

3. First Aid App https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ifirsta ... 38909?mt=8

Which others do you carry?
pseudonym

Re: Virtual EDC - which digital survival kits do you carry?

Post by pseudonym »

Please pop over to the "New Members" area and make an introductory post telling us a little about yourself. Many thanks.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
spindrift

Re: Virtual EDC - which digital survival kits do you carry?

Post by spindrift »

Disaster alert - Gives advance warning of disasters worldwide. Useful and fascinating, but annoying sometimes. Well worth a look.
Camscanner - Superb app that allows you to take photos of documents, it'll then sort out the edges and save it as a pdf document.
Navigation - which is a satnav tied in with Google maps, but offline.
Hiker - Classic GPS like a Garmin ect.
Google maps of course
Google goggles - Again another useful app. Take a photo of something and itll scan the picture and look for references on-line. For example I photographed Criccieth Castle a while ago and it pulled up all the info on it. Also it scans bar codes and those Q codes.
What gas/petrol prices - finds local petrol stations listing their prices and will guide you to them. Saved me a few times when im in the middle of nowhere and need fuel.
Flash light - Self explanatory, and pretty useful.
"A mind without purpose will walk dark places"
www.facebook.com/somethingborrowedbykelli