What Preps are you doing this week? Part 9

How are you preparing
itsybitsy

What Preps are you doing this week? Part 9

Post by itsybitsy »

Kicking this off for 2022 by ordering more lighting (wind up and battery powered) and scoping out solar power banks/solar panels. Rock and roll!
ForgeCorvus

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 9

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Got brother to show me how to run the pressure lantern he gave me for my birthday (finally!)
Dug out the Peak 1 petrol stove and tried to remember how that works.
Currently researching fuels for both the above.

Going to sort photos of the ebay stuff, but I probably won't list anything just yet....... Do people buy hobby things in January??
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

The Grant of Probate for my Father's Estate was approved. Fingers crossed it can now move forward with the selling of his house and have it all wrapped up before the anniversary of his death.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

I'm still thinking about batteries...bearing in mind that new customs regulations come into effect today regarding the paperwork required to import goods into the UK from the EU, this may have an effect on the availability on many, many items in the short-to-medium term - batteries may be one of them. That of course is a much wider discussion in general. :lol:
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

itsybitsy wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:46 am I'm still thinking about batteries...bearing in mind that new customs regulations come into effect today regarding the paperwork required to import goods into the UK from the EU, this may have an effect on the availability on many, many items in the short-to-medium term - batteries may be one of them. That of course is a much wider discussion in general. :lol:
One issue with batteries is shelf life but having kids I do t have that issue :lol: they get spoilt if any are close to their date and get proper batteries not rechargeable :twisted:

Thinking aimlessly with more and more stuff having built in batteries how long will batteries be readily available.. look at Lidl they've stopped selling C and D cells
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Trojanhorse

Post by Trojanhorse »

Deep cleaning and de cluttering my house. Selling anything I not used for 12 months or more and fixing all the little jobs I have put off.

It has been very liberating and I am close to being able to enjoy my house and garden.
Smudge

Post by Smudge »

Gave my boss a heads up I'll be leaving in the new year.

Been doing a bit of water storage, not sure why.

Stocking up on batteries, most things run off AA or AAA (deliberately) so that makes it easier.

Looking for alternative energy suppliers and insurance, might safe some.

Cars buggered but booked in for Tuesday.

Keep on keeping on.
If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is usually the answer.
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

Picked up a Silent Night copy of a Slanket from Tesco for the club card price of £10: https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/p ... /309911289

After using all my Christmas money on paying my gas and electric bill, I think I need to use the heating less... :evil: :roll: :cry:
jansman

Post by jansman »

Got the greenhouse ready to rock this morning. Sack of seed compost in there to start warming up too. I managed to get some Egyptian onion bulbs in the Autumn,and I planted them in pots to sprout in the aforementioned building.Got them into the perennial onion bed this morning,taking care to put a wire cover over to stop our cats digging them out whilst…you know. :(
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Zedsdead

Post by Zedsdead »

FB6BD5B0-8C06-477F-95DE-255B58A484F5.jpeg
Jackpot. 3 large 1.42 each