Will we end up in lockdown again?

How are you preparing
mikefranks

Will we end up in lockdown again?

Post by mikefranks »

Hi all!

The million dollar question! Will we end up with restrictions and looking like a lockdown of some sort again!?

It’s driving me crazy! Can’t do this again! Had my jabs want to just get back to normal!!

Stay safe!
Mike
Yorkshire Andy

Re: Will we end up in lockdown again?

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

I'm guessing yes the data is going the wrong way....

But to what extent

My personal guess is going to be the plan B

Then vaccine passport no jab no playing out

Probably tell the at high risk to shield

Probably shut down / limit movement in pubs / restaurants.
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Sorry. Seems my post was redacted. Apologies if it broke a 'no politics rule'
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jennyjj01 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:39 pm Sorry. Seems my post was redacted. Apologies if it broke a 'no politics rule'
I've not removed anything think I'm the only mod online at the moment
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
lowlander

Post by lowlander »

Nothing definite or even suggestive from Scottish government yet - not that I've seen, anyway. Keeping a close eye as usual.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:54 pm
jennyjj01 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:39 pm Sorry. Seems my post was redacted. Apologies if it broke a 'no politics rule'
I've not removed anything think I'm the only mod online at the moment
I probably didn't submit properly as I went off to check the rules. My post related to the different opinions of the BMA and the government.
YA. Please redact this if it introduces too much of a political angle. I was only trying to answer the OP's question.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=bma+urges+government
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I just wish we had somebody in charge who could work out an approach and stick to it, whatever it is. This U turning and constant bickering between different interests is lethal. But I suppose if it gets bad enough then it will sort itself out without intervention, either people will stay at home through choice or they will be too ill to go to work? Hard to say really, nowt as queer as folk, as we've found out this last year
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

I can't personally see a full on lockdown being reinposed. There are medical experts saying we should but i feel the "money men" will push harder for the economy to be kept open. There appears to be logic with both approaches and it puts the government , any government , in an awkward position. There will probably be some sort of compromise reintroducing mask wearing , limiting numbers at gatherings and encouraging home working but i really can't see factories and shops being shut down and millions put back on furlough. Then there's the question of how wellit would be adhered to should they try to lockdown again. I feel most are truely fed up of the situation and a lot simply wouldn't comply if they can get away with it.
korolev

Post by korolev »

Johnson said we wouldn't have a lockdown, then we did.
Johnson said we wouldn't have a second/third lockdown, then we did.
Johnson said people could meet up for Christmas and cases went sky high.

A recent report said he had acted too late more than once (https://committees.parliament.uk/commit ... published/).

Johnson says we won't have further lockdowns; history says he's got it wrong again.

The only caveat to this is that I believe we should be far more focussed on hospitalisations/deaths than cases; theres more than a million people aged over 85, if all of them got it, there'd be thousands of deaths. There's ten million under 14, if all of them get it, deaths would be in the low hundreds.
So if the cases are mostly schoolkids that's far less conerning than if they're older people.
Bosworth

Post by Bosworth »

Agree with Korolev

Absolute numbers of infections are mostly irrelevant. It’s how many are in hospital and how many are dying that matters.

It’s also important to understand the profile of people in hospital. In North London about 70% of those in hospital with covid are eligible for the vaccine and have chosen not to have it for whatever reason. Chosen.

I think public opinion will be unsympathetic to supporting a lockdown to protect people who have chosen to remain at risk. A very different dynamic to being asked to sacrifice a lot to protect those who needed protecting.

I’m certainly unsympathetic. Angry in fact that those people are now blocking healthcare for those that need it in other disciplines.