Will we end up in lockdown again?

How are you preparing
jennyjj01

Re: Will we end up in lockdown again?

Post by jennyjj01 »

jansman wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:05 pm My wife and I are wearing masks when we go out. Hand hygiene is second nature to me,being in the food game. It isn’t difficult. One of my more senior customers bitched and moaned every time he had to queue,and about wearing a mask. Yesterday he was back wearing one,and it turns out that his wife is seriously ill with Covid.
And therein lies the problem. We and our leaders don't and won't shut the stable door till the horse has bolted. We will always have stubborn , slow learners, quick to forget. And some of them will die.

As a society, we are tired, fed up of restrictions. We can see the S hitting TF and it is indeed a slow motion car crash. But all that's going to happen will be a societal split. Half of us being blase and half of us being defensive. It will just drag on, with half baked countermeasures.... Till the next global crisis grabs the headlines.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jennyjj01 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:28 pm
jansman wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:05 pm My wife and I are wearing masks when we go out. Hand hygiene is second nature to me,being in the food game. It isn’t difficult. One of my more senior customers bitched and moaned every time he had to queue,and about wearing a mask. Yesterday he was back wearing one,and it turns out that his wife is seriously ill with Covid.
And therein lies the problem. We and our leaders don't and won't shut the stable door till the horse has bolted. We will always have stubborn , slow learners, quick to forget. And some of them will die.

As a society, we are tired, fed up of restrictions. We can see the S hitting TF and it is indeed a slow motion car crash. But all that's going to happen will be a societal split. Half of us being blase and half of us being defensive. It will just drag on, with half baked countermeasures.... Till the next global crisis grabs the headlines.

From what I've just seen most health authority leaders have written to the top brass saying pull your finger out .

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/15108 ... latest-evg
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

I phoned 999 for someone with Hart problems 2hr15mins later amberlance turns up and tells him if his lucky he will go straight in to a+e .
Most have been waiting for a long time .

Worcester hospital is full with a one out one in system.

It's time for action not words.
Fill er up jacko...
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Vitamin c wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:53 am I phoned 999 for someone with Hart problems 2hr15mins later amberlance turns up and tells him if his lucky he will go straight in to a+e .
Most have been waiting for a long time .

Worcester hospital is full with a one out one in system.

It's time for action not words.
Similar recent experience. Elderly family member had a stroke. Took > 2.5 hours to get an ambulance and once in hospital, no actual treatment. Just a brain scan 6 hours later.

Hence my anger at any that don't defend our NHS from Covid over running our resources.

Let's not tolerate Covid. Let's not tolerate laxity. We've done prepping. Now let's do ACTION. JFDI
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Zedsdead

Post by Zedsdead »

6 lads from my company are off with it. Thankfully they’re on a different job to me as I still take care but they don’t. One of them(unjabbed) is rather bad with it
mikefranks

Post by mikefranks »

I’m sure we have all seen the latest news. I feel we are being led into another lockdown of some sort. It will be a rushed news conference and then bam! Back into lockdown! Counties closing borders and red lists back again! It’s happening all over again!
Then again is the government just being careful and reactive as they haven’t in the past?

What do you all think?
jansman

Post by jansman »

It’s real. I don’t want to get ill so I ( we) have worn masks and socially distanced since we didn’t have to! My take; hospitality is exempt. So no lockdown.For now.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

mikefranks wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:24 pm ...
Then again is the government just being careful and reactive as they haven’t in the past?

What do you all think?
"they haven’t in the past"
They promised us a better Christmas. Doesn't sound like they have learned much about caution.

Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

Just play the numbers game .

Over 45 off work under work with plenty of overtime.
Fill er up jacko...
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

Vitamin c wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:09 pm Just play the numbers game .

Over 45 off work, under work with plenty of overtime.
Fill er up jacko...