Prepping Disasters & Epic Failures?

How are you preparing
Yorkshire Andy

Re: Prepping Disasters & Epic Failures?

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

GillyBee wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:24 pm Prepping fail last night.

The husband picked up a nasty head injury late last night. Family first aid skills kicked in and he got a trip up to A&E for a full set of tests and was thankfully discharged this morning with a broken nose, black eyes and standard head injury advice.
The fail was the non-existent hospital/hotel bag. The headache is that I can't think of anywhere at all in our small flat where I could keep it and actually find it in an emergency so it has been quietly ignored. BUT trying to throw something together in the heat of the moment is useless when your head is not in the game.

So now you know what I will be trying to sort out once I have caught up a bit on a missed night's sleep.
Just because he didn't put the bin out he didn't deserve it ;)

A hospital 'bag' doesn't need to be big the average holiday wash bag can hold most kit needed...

slip of paper with any prescription drugs you are on... they don't like you popping what ever you carry in anyway :lol:

A pair of summer jammies rolled up tight

Phone charger / matching phone cable

some change and a few £notes (vending machine / taxi home cash)

change of pants boxer shorts and thick socks both are just about unisex

A compact gym towel for the shower

And a pack a Mac jacket

and a book to read

You'll have more kit than most who get blue lighted in and it can live on the coat hook under the coats in the hall readily accessible if you make it "unisex" you only need one although he'd probably look stunning in a frilly nightie

Hope he's on the mend soon
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
GillyBee

Re: Prepping Disasters & Epic Failures?

Post by GillyBee »

Thanks Andy

You have cheered me up as i managed to get almost all of that into a bag in 5 minutes flat while the sons got their dad into a fit state to get into the car for the drive up to the hospital.

I must admit that the idea of a unisex bag had crossed my mind this morning. I think yesterday's bag is about to get a permanent new life.