How are you preparing
Nurseandy

Re: Security

Post by Nurseandy »

Saturday nights alright for fighting?
Medusa

Post by Medusa »

Interestingly I had a call from a courier company today "you've had a new gate fitted since last time I delivered" It just shows who takes notice of security or lack of. I also had a comment from another courier that our front door had cobwebs around it so it shows that we rarely use it and so he came to the back door prior to the new gate. We are about to get our drive done with new crunchy gravel and hopefully the old gate post straightened so we can fit new gates to the drive too.
Growing old disgracefully!
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Crunchy material on the driveway is a great, low-notice security measure

I'm astonished at the comments you got! Makes you think ...
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arzosah wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:01 am Crunchy material on the driveway is a great, low-notice security measure

I'm astonished at the comments you got! Makes you think ...
I drive across country , 13 miles through lovely rural villages each day. I notice what’s being done to homes, even who lives there, and most importantly; when caravans are moved off the drive for holidays, and the occupants are away...
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
jenny1

Post by jenny1 »

I changed my front garden to a gravelled drive and it worked a treat as i sleep with the window open slightly. I woke up one night thinking some one was trying to get into my car to find it was three fox cubs playing :D
Actheise

Post by Actheise »

Thanks everyone for the replies and ideas!

I’ve now got extra window locks installed , wheelie bins in front of the window (I have no front garden), a few viper internal door locks and a new camera system.

I thought I lived in a quiet good area so slacked on security.. you never think anything will happen to you until it does lol

I Appreciate everyone’s replies :) hope everyone is ok! Stay safe
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Actheise wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:30 pm Thanks everyone for the replies and ideas!

I’ve now got extra window locks installed , wheelie bins in front of the window (I have no front garden), a few viper internal door locks and a new camera system.

I thought I lived in a quiet good area so slacked on security.. you never think anything will happen to you until it does lol

I Appreciate everyone’s replies :) hope everyone is ok! Stay safe
Be cautious about putting your bins out front little buggers round here see fit to set fire to them

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hu ... ng-5405943
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
daylen

Post by daylen »

It's not directly on topic but a close relation to it: there's a very clear explanation of self-defence laws on a YouTube channel I follow. Black Belt Barrister - https://youtu.be/Uegny5f72cY

It doesn't cover what you can legally have in your house, but I found it very clear on self-defence and pre-emptive strikes.

He also has a good video on UK knife law, and totally off topic but still super helpful is his series on tree law and disputes!