FFP3 with valve or with out valve

How are you preparing
Username

Re: FFP3 with valve or with out valve

Post by Username »

Nurseandy wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:17 pm With my professional "working with ventilated patients" head on - an ffp3 mask is an ffp3 mask, as long as it is properly fitted there is no difference in efficacy between valved and unvalved.
Getting a correct fit is the crucial factor in their effectiveness.

This post is very concerning given your occupation, I'm sure you understand that masks give greater protection to others than they do the wearer and a valved mask is far less effective in this regard
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Username wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:31 pm
Nurseandy wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:17 pm With my professional "working with ventilated patients" head on - an ffp3 mask is an ffp3 mask, as long as it is properly fitted there is no difference in efficacy between valved and unvalved.
Getting a correct fit is the crucial factor in their effectiveness.

This post is very concerning given your occupation, I'm sure you understand that masks give greater protection to others than they do the wearer and a valved mask is far less effective in this regard

Even the paramedics were wearing p3 valved half mask respiratory protection at one point....

If you read Andy's post he says working with ventilated patients I'm guessing that's the ones on the wards who are intubated and having air forced in to their lungs by machine.. having contracted covid..

A P3 mask protects the wearer from viruses much like it protects asbestos strippers / tradesmen from work place nasties .. let's be fair if he's on a ward with covid patents you can't really pass it on to those already infected .. and the valve makes wearing the mask for extended periods a little more tolerable
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Username

Post by Username »

Andy I do understand about their use in the medical context you describe but he was giving advice to someone asking about general use.
I'll leave it at that.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Username wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:12 am Andy I do understand about their use in the medical context you describe but he was giving advice to someone asking about general use.
I'll leave it at that.
Blimey - here two minutes and already calling out members/moderators. That's a very interesting approach.
jansman

Post by jansman »

itsybitsy wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:35 pm
Username wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:12 am Andy I do understand about their use in the medical context you describe but he was giving advice to someone asking about general use.
I'll leave it at that.
Blimey - here two minutes and already calling out members/moderators. That's a very interesting approach.
Thanks for that Itsy. Wasn’t quite sure. ;)
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

:lol:
Username

Post by Username »

Don't want to start a thread for this :

A couple of the people I fly with regularly are Doctors One of them an Epidemiologist that advises government (They currently dont seem to be taken any notice but thats by the by)

I've gone through the data with him and there is an estimation of reduced severity of disease from the Omicron variant but with very low confidence of this (little more than informed guess backed by some data that is really too early in the disease's path to have great weight)
But...There is great certainty that the transmissibility of Omicron is around 5 times that of delta, and almost unbelievable figure but the data doesnt lie.

What this means basically is everyone is going to get it, its airborne and persistant and even if we are extremely lucky and its very mild for most people the sheer number of cases will mean even a very low percentage becoming very ill will probably overwhelm the health service in the coming months, if it turns out to cause illness at the same level or more than Delta then the sheer numbers resulting (a low percentage of a huge number is still a very big number)will put us in the people dying at home or on the streets scenario, this a turning point or us all...good luck
Trojanhorse

Post by Trojanhorse »

I got myself some Cambridge Masks from ebay and they have valves. Far better fit and if you believe their blurb safer.