What Preps are you doing this week? Part 8.

How are you preparing
pseudonym

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 8.

Post by pseudonym »

Misplaced my gas cartridge adaptor. One arriving from amazon in under 24 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq8mVEx__YQ
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Jerseyspud

Post by Jerseyspud »

Totally not pricing up greenhouses today
when it comes to catastrophic events, we never know when the day before is the day before. So we prepare for tomorrow

Prepping on a small island
jansman

Post by jansman »

After I have finished this brew, I am pricking out tomatoes and cucumbers. Trying to get the drop on Mother Nature,as last year’s crop was less than acceptable. :( I laid out an irrigation system yesterday, so it should take drudgery out of watering ( to a greater degree).
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Jerseyspud wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:42 pm Totally not pricing up greenhouses today
Along the same lines a little while ago i changed a shower screen for someone and they asked if it was possible to reuse the old one for a cold frame. They are basically a large sheet of toughened glass on a hinge . Worked a treat screwing it to a plywood box and the next one i replaced i kept the old one to do just the same .
Jerseyspud

Post by Jerseyspud »

grenfell wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:07 am
Jerseyspud wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:42 pm Totally not pricing up greenhouses today
Along the same lines a little while ago i changed a shower screen for someone and they asked if it was possible to reuse the old one for a cold frame. They are basically a large sheet of toughened glass on a hinge . Worked a treat screwing it to a plywood box and the next one i replaced i kept the old one to do just the same .
I bought one. Don't have space for a glass one but got a frame with plastic cover one... And lots of tent pegs. It means I can start off alot more plants now
when it comes to catastrophic events, we never know when the day before is the day before. So we prepare for tomorrow

Prepping on a small island
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

My last greenhouse cost me nothing. In fact i was paid to remove it. Had a call asking if i could dismantle and remove it. Needed a few repairs on the rotten bits but a fully functional greenhouse for nowt. You can also find similar on sites like freecycle.
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

jansman wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:55 am I laid out an irrigation system yesterday, so it should take drudgery out of watering ( to a greater degree).
I'd be very interested in hearing how you set that up, if you're willing to share how it works :)
jansman

Post by jansman »

Le Mouse wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:16 am
jansman wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:55 am I laid out an irrigation system yesterday, so it should take drudgery out of watering ( to a greater degree).
I'd be very interested in hearing how you set that up, if you're willing to share how it works :)
It is simply a leaky pipe system,laid across the beds.Hooked up to the tap,and bingo! I just turn it on and let it go. The frames and polytunnel will still need me to hand water, but it will save some work,for sure. I have had the hose for some years , but couldn’t be bothered with it. It can be had quite easily.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30M-Garden-P ... 890.l49292
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
hobo

Post by hobo »

pseudonym wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:26 am Misplaced my gas cartridge adaptor. One arriving from amazon in under 24 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq8mVEx__YQ
This one? https://www.amazon.co.uk/RETYLY-Convers ... ljaz10cnVl
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

That's the one, used the two way part already. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.