What Preps are you doing this week? Part 8.

How are you preparing
Yorkshire Andy

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 8.

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

diamond lil wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:42 am Well. After giving away most of my Brexit stash cos we moved into this wardrobe, I've now rearranged the whole microscopic kitchen and refilled the cupboards. But stashing everything in any space, it isnt ideal. Tealights jammed in with dried fruit and sugar cosying in with candles. However, I've got it and that's what matters.

Will the kitchen kickboards remove? Most are just clipped onto the cabinet legs with plastic clips
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

They do aye - I know this cos they keep falling on my ankles. But it's hard for me to get up and down to get in there so I'll keep that space for dire emergencies Andy.
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

As I'm not going anywhere today, I'll do some bulk cooking. I will have a go at turning some aged frozen fruit into jam to free up some room in the freezer and then refill that with some bulk cooked meals and stuff from the fridge that can be broken down into single portions. I could do with rearranging the pantry yet again. Like Lil, I've moved to something of a wardrobe, and doing any food shopping (or any shopping frankly) creates storage chaos. But I think I have Christmas dinner sorted and in the freezer (yes, I worship at the altar of Aunt Bessie! :lol: ) so at least there's not that worry.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

diamond lil wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:04 am They do aye - I know this cos they keep falling on my ankles. But it's hard for me to get up and down to get in there so I'll keep that space for dire emergencies Andy.
See if you can get some under bed type storage boxes that will fit

you'll still have to get down there but then slide the box out rather than Laying flat Search for that last tin of spam :lol:

I've got bottles of water stashed under ours dark cool place on a concrete floor so weight isn't an issue :)

Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Le Mouse wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:14 am (yes, I worship at the altar of Aunt Bessie! :lol: )

[Rushes off to rifle through the forum rules] as a Yorkshire man the word aunt Bessie is highly offensive especially those things they pass off as "Yorkshire puddings" :o :shock: :? :lol:

About half a pint of milk . Equal volume of plain flour and 2 eggs beat and mix should have a slightly stiff mixture..

Allow to stand for about an hour in the fridge then stir before pouring

Burnt in bun tin (fill each well with a cm cube or so of lard ) heat in the oven at about 180°c. Carefully half fill the well with batter mix

and never wash the tin just add more lard over time it will generate its own coating of black which will be none stick

We was on the boarder of Cornwall and Devon a few years back when the whole you can't call it a Cornish pasty court case was running and went for a Sunday carvery Mrs A is a chef by trade and took on the role of regional food enforcer by asking if the chef if the Yorkshire puddings were home made when he said yes then she told him they can't be Yorkshire puddings if they ain't made in Yorkshire he took the bait and bit trying to defend them :lol:

Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

Someone at work had a bumper plum harvest and brought in loads for all of us to claim. I've just spend a very pleasant couple of hours making plum sauce :D
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Added a cordless grinder to my tool pile .. it's one of the most common tools I use at work been after one for home for a while only a Lidl special but will do what I need especially down the allotment..
Screenshot_20210930-223458.png

Might have also got the £7 torch attachment for the same of charger / battery sets yes another torch :shock: :roll: :lol:

Zedsdead

Post by Zedsdead »

Nowt fancy going on here, just keeping makita batteries and power banks topped up. And staying hydrated :D
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Well. After a good few years prepping now I'm starting to get slightly twitchy. I think I'll invest in meat first then look at what else I need. This is going to be a seriously interesting winter.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Zedsdead wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:53 pm Nowt fancy going on here, just keeping makita batteries and power banks topped up. And staying hydrated :D
That's one way to stay hydrated :lol:
Screenshot_20211001-103400.png

Joking aside have you got the Makita or compatible usb adaptor?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ICEFIRE-Batter ... 354Y&psc=1