What Preps are you doing this week? Part 8.

How are you preparing
jennyjj01

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 8.

Post by jennyjj01 »

Le Mouse wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:29 pm Thank you jansman and lil, I'll look into the complaints procedure. I suspect it's sending an email to the lady who writes the meeting papers and minutes, but it's worth a go! :lol:
jansman wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:23 pm Exactly. As lil says , go for them. At work , we have to take data protection really seriously. In your position, Le Mouse, the local council have made public their issue with you. Without getting bolshy, I would say you can start talking about public humiliation and embarrassment. They have breached rules.
This is exactly what I've been thinking, but couldn't put into words! Thank you! I might sleep better tonight - this was swirling round my head all night.
I'd be absolutely [expletive] fuming!
Check to see just how much they have revealed about you. Complain to the chairman and any name associated with the data leak.
Get the name of everyone you speak to and write down the time of any conversation. Get reference numbers where you can,
I'd get bolshy. Use GDPR and ICO copiously in your complaint to put the $h17s up them. Maybe contact the ICO. You can check if your landlords or council are registered with the ICO. Maybe council is exempt, but worth checking. It's a publicly available list from ICO.org.uk

I'd also be attending/gatecrashing the meeting and raising merry hell.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
jansman

Post by jansman »

Some years ago we had a series of tenants whose landlord was the borough environmental health dept. Long and short we had a serious noise complaint. Who do you complain to in that instance? Environmental Health! When I did, it was “ do you know who we are?”! I told them if they didn’t comply with the law, I would sue. I also told them if they didn’t replyin the prescribed time, I would go to local BBC radio ( my best mate is an anchor broadcaster there, and loves a scrap!)

By god that worked!

Take ‘em.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

jansman wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:36 pm Do it! Take ‘em to the cleaners. I’d even look for some form of compensation- everyone else does it. You have rights under civil law.
Right. Email sent. I was *awfully* polite :mrgreen:
jansman

Post by jansman »

Le Mouse wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:16 pm
jansman wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:36 pm Do it! Take ‘em to the cleaners. I’d even look for some form of compensation- everyone else does it. You have rights under civil law.
Politeness and respect always wins the day. Please let us know how you get on.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Le Mouse wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:16 pm
Good for you! I'd have said exactly the same to you as Lil, Jansman and Jenny have - that's absolutely not on.

It's left me wondering where people complain about your council when (not if!) they're not taken seriously - it might help to know that before they come back to you. Are there threads on NextDoor? Or Facebook? Twitter? Something's very wrong there.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

As for my own preps - working really hard at cutting things back and getting permanent planting in position: half a dozen mint plants in an isolated border, and 2 sage plants in a front border. I really hope they take root. I might put the remaining plants in a window box till next year.

Tidying and cleaning like crazy - I want someone to come in to quote for two big windows to be replaced - living room and main bedroom, I want it all as clear as possible.

I gave up on trying to make local contacts through local organisations this summer, but I've gone back to it now - even if my face is known, that's something. Getting known as a dog lover is also good :mrgreen: but I'm going to have to work harder at keeping my mouth shut, at least in the middle of conversations - it does no good to parade your outsider status, there's nothing Grey Man about that.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Finally got the poly tunnel cleaned out and ready for Spring. I have chilli plants still ripening their wares in there,and I may harvest them this week and get them in the dehydrator. The fowls are laying 100% ,so we have an embarrassment of riches in the form of eggs. I shall definitely be pickling a good few of those,as I love ‘em. :D Got the Egyptian onions in pots now,in the tunnel. I could have put them straight into the bed where they will live,but the last ones I set were scratched out by cats ( my cats) :( :oops: so these will get half a chance. They will share the same space as the chives and Welsh onions,and that gives us a selection of perennial onions,so no more work necessary there.
I shall cut enough wood for the stove this morning, enough to last a week. I could draw on stacks ready to go,but I like to hold on to them in case I am poorly,or particularly if my back is playing up,which it often is.Also,I need enough to last the whole of December,as we have been informed of major overtime for the whole month. We need two more butchers,but they just don’t exist anymore.However,I digress.
Mrs. J. is steadily adding to our pantry.Mainly shelf- stable products,as a hedge against inflation and shortages. Also keeping good stocks of dog,cat,hen and parakeet food. We have to remember the rest of the family members! :lol:

Robert Frost.

Me.
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

Been going through my food stores, especially tins - didn't realise just how much I really had till I saw them all gathered in one place!! As the year draws nearer to it's end. I need to make sure any 2021 dates are in the using cupboard and early 2022 are to the forefront. As I mark the dates of tins/jars with marker pens this is quite quick and easy to do. I also took note of what I had a lot of and what was a bit light so I can use or buy whats necessary. Quite happy with myself, not doing too bad but I would like to have a higher proportion of homemade, that's my goal for next year.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

After a 360 mile round trip yesterday I was up early and 2nd in the queue for Petrol this morning. Tank filled up and I felt the stress leaving.. :mrgreen:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
rik_uk3

Post by rik_uk3 »

" The fowls are laying 100% ,so we have an embarrassment of riches in the form of eggs"

Have you waxed or oiled eggs in the past? They last for months.
Richard
South Wales UK
Retired, spending the children's inheritance.