What Preps are you doing this week? Part 8.

How are you preparing
Jerseyspud

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 8.

Post by Jerseyspud »

Gutted for you mouse. Hope you find somewhere soon
when it comes to catastrophic events, we never know when the day before is the day before. So we prepare for tomorrow

Prepping on a small island
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Jackery E 240 and 100 w solar panel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxKKdI6jpcc

Just a small system but it's all I will need.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Le Mouse wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:54 am I'm having my own personal SHTF at the moment. I've been told that I have to move out of my little bungalow. I'm being given plenty of time, but I still have to move on. So preps are looking microscopically at my finances (I might sell my tiny stash of gold), working out how much I will need for bills (my rent is currently all inclusive), and try and find somewhere to live where I can also comfortably work from home as it looks like that's going to keep on for quite a while after lockdown ends. So far I have been boggled by how expensive everything is! :(
Oh dear! I do feel for you,truly. My youngest daughter is in a similar situation after a relationship break up. Housing is a real issue in this country.Good luck.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

trip to farm foods today and noticed a few things had increased in price but as a bouns bacon grill and fray bentos pies where down to 99p so grabbed a few for the stash also case of 24 heinz beans with a bbe of 05/2022 for £10 so in the trolly they went as well,also case of 12 pot noodles down to £5.50 but have ample of those...
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
bobble

Post by bobble »

Been making up netted panels to keep pigeons off my terminating peas and wheat! Potted up some seedlings in little poly tunnel.
jansman

Post by jansman »

I finally bought a pallet breaker. After all these years,messing about with a hammer and bolster ( the way my dad did it to be fair), and it makes such easy work of the job. :D

Because it’s Easter, I now have three whole days-all-joined-up-together like normal people! Half a day will be spent in the greenhouse sowing various items. My tomatoes are ready to plant into their final homes now the pots in there are warm. And I’ll be breaking a stack of pallets. :lol:

Robert Frost.

Me.
Trojanhorse

Post by Trojanhorse »

Sewed the last of my seeds today. This year not planting rows of potatoes other than a few grow bags. But going all out on the tomatoes as our village cafe will take any surplus.
Bosworth

Post by Bosworth »

I’m giving away food! A kinda reverse prep.

I’ve been stockpiling supplies for a long time. I live in London so food supply and being able to hunker down when the shops are stripped is very important to me. Nothing about long term bugging on, just about timing an exit...

Anyways... For various reasons I’ve got 10 big boxes of food all well beyond its date. I tried finding a way to get it to food banks but no joy. Bit precious about dates.

Luckily leaving stuff on the wall outside my house seems to be effective. After a slow start, pretty much everything now is hoovered up within a couple of hours.

Quite pleased to not be wasting stuff.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Bosworth wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:37 pm I’m giving away food! A kinda reverse prep.

I’ve been stockpiling supplies for a long time. I live in London so food supply and being able to hunker down when the shops are stripped is very important to me. Nothing about long term bugging on, just about timing an exit...

Anyways... For various reasons I’ve got 10 big boxes of food all well beyond its date. I tried finding a way to get it to food banks but no joy. Bit precious about dates.

Luckily leaving stuff on the wall outside my house seems to be effective. After a slow start, pretty much everything now is hoovered up within a couple of hours.

Quite pleased to not be wasting stuff.
It’s good that you’ve been able to move the food on. Funnily enough,I just watched a clip about food wastage in Singapore Project 17: Solving Singapore's food waste problem https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-56606143

Wasted food is not good. We donate shelf - stable foods to our local food bank on a regular basis. My wife buys a little extra each week and we drop a box off about once a month.Mrs J. sees a lot of poverty amongst the children she works with,and she feels very strongly about the subject,but I digress.

Regarding expiration dates and food banks; even though we all know that tinned and dried foods are quite ok,the banks have to adhere to food safety legislation.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Got my seed potatoes and onion sets ready to go in ... I'm behind this year due to the weather and the threat of cold nights ... Chickens need evicting from the greenhouse now the avian flu housing requirements have been lifted ... Tomatoes and chillies are doing well in the house
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine