What Preps are you doing this week? Part 8.

How are you preparing
hobo

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 8.

Post by hobo »

Thanks P!
GillyBee

Post by GillyBee »

Have I got this right?
That little gadget lets you refill the aerosol style butane cartridges for briefcase stoves from other types of cannister? Would it refill from a trad refillable Camping Gaz 6kg jobbie? If so that is going on the shopping list now!
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

GillyBee wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:46 am Have I got this right?
That little gadget lets you refill the aerosol style butane cartridges for briefcase stoves from other types of cannister?
No.

I am NOT endorsing the use of this item to refill any type of cannister.

What could the producing companies gain from only producing one time use cannisters? :roll:

I have bought mine to refill small 100 cart cannisters from larger capacity cannisters and the adaptor for briefcase to cannister adaptor was included in the link.
hobo wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:28 pm
pseudonym wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:26 am Misplaced my gas cartridge adaptor. One arriving from amazon in under 24 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq8mVEx__YQ
This one? https://www.amazon.co.uk/RETYLY-Convers ... ljaz10cnVl
I have never seen anyone reverse the process
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

jansman wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:43 pm It is simply a leaky pipe system,laid across the beds.
Thank you jansman! I didn't know they were a thing!
jansman

Post by jansman »

Le Mouse wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:31 am
jansman wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:43 pm It is simply a leaky pipe system,laid across the beds.
Thank you jansman! I didn't know they were a thing!
All sorts of variations out there,but the results are the same.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I've been slowly carting about old paving stones within my garden, to protect the new fence against soil slippage, there's a slight slope towards the fence. It's not pretty, but it works. Nearly all the clusters of bramble roots gone from that side of the garden now, and I'm starting to lay out a sort of "retaining wall" that will eventually be raised beds and the pathways between. Just doing it with old fence posts for now, as I want to get it straighter than the border between the grass and the border.

There'll be a pathway between the fence and the start of the plants/raised beds - without that, I can't keep my garden free from the weeds and roots coming from next door. I might use the floor protector that the kitchen builders used a couple of years ago, but I'll probably just put bark chippings straight down on the soil: there are ant hills in my garden :( I need to be able to dig to expose the nest to the air and, erm, kill off a proportion. The birds will like that, at any rate ...
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Arzosah wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:42 am I've been slowly carting about old paving stones within my garden, to protect the new fence against soil slippage, there's a slight slope towards the fence. It's not pretty, but it works. Nearly all the clusters of bramble roots gone from that side of the garden now, and I'm starting to lay out a sort of "retaining wall" that will eventually be raised beds and the pathways between. Just doing it with old fence posts for now, as I want to get it straighter than the border between the grass and the border.

There'll be a pathway between the fence and the start of the plants/raised beds - without that, I can't keep my garden free from the weeds and roots coming from next door. I might use the floor protector that the kitchen builders used a couple of years ago, but I'll probably just put bark chippings straight down on the soil: there are ant hills in my garden :( I need to be able to dig to expose the nest to the air and, erm, kill off a proportion. The birds will like that, at any rate ...

No harm in going slowly old pram base / skateboard / sack barrow can make life easy moving heavy stuff :mrgreen:

Few years ago next door but one spent the best part of a day shoveling 2 tonne sacks of chippings over their front garden.... Not to be outdone I got home one Friday and Mrs A had ordered some :lol: . It's coming tomorrow morning.... Yey for Saturday........

Quick chat with lorry driver he lifted them over the fence as far as he could safely. I sliced the bag base as he boomed the crane arm back towards the lorry
in a z pattern .... Twice.. bunged him £10. Then 20 mins with a rake I went back in the house for a brew

Work smarter not harder :lol:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:57 am Snip> Few years ago next door but one spent the best part of a day shoveling 2 tonne sacks of chippings over their front garden.... Not to be outdone I got home one Friday and Mrs A had ordered some :lol: . It's coming tomorrow morning.... Yey for Saturday........

Quick chat with lorry driver he lifted them over the fence as far as he could safely. I sliced the bag base as he boomed the crane arm back towards the lorry
in a z pattern .... Twice.. bunged him £10. Then 20 mins with a rake I went back in the house for a brew

Work smarter not harder :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Loved to of seen the neighbour's face.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

That's brilliant, Andy, well done you :lol:

I'm not working *quite* that smart - you know those shopping trolleys that (old) ladies use? I've slipped off the shopping basket part, and used the frame as a sack barrow. It's very strong, but the paving stones did bend it a bit :? all done now though, and still useable.
Jerseyspud

Post by Jerseyspud »

Current seeds are sprouting. Hoping that greenhouse arrives soon so I can get it up and pegged in
when it comes to catastrophic events, we never know when the day before is the day before. So we prepare for tomorrow

Prepping on a small island