How ready are you?

How are you preparing
jansman

Re: How ready are you?

Post by jansman »

izzy_mack wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:30 am
jansman wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:05 am However,it's not just those cataclysmic situations that can cause such upheaval.
Sorry your daughter is having such a rough time but so glad she has you to cover her back. I had to help out recently too, my son and family had to vacate their rental as work had to be done after a leaking shower caused damage and extensive damp and black mould was found. The landlord it turned out was not registered and didn't have the proper insurance. To cut a long saga short, they had no where to go and no money and no help from said landlord. I have always told my family that I have little money ( sometimes no money) so I can't bale them out that way but as long as I have a roof and food in the cupboard they can come and share them with me. So.. 4 adults and 3 children ( 1 a small baby) in a 2 bed cottage was challenging but we managed, thankfully d in l is a lovely person and we get on fine. Five weeks later they find somewhere else to go and my cottage now looks enormous when they moved their stuff out. You never know what life will throw at you and prepping for everything is for most of us not practical but we do the best we can.
I have to agree that the most important prep is to have a solid base to work from in order to cope with whatever comes up and a family that has each others backs can be magical.
Oh dear! It’s a good job they had you to help out. You really don’t know what is around the corner do you?
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

izzy_mack wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:30 am . Five weeks later they find somewhere else to go and my cottage now looks enormous when they moved their stuff out.
Reminds me of little man's current favourite book :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaANFF2XssA
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

As ready as we think we are for our various bug-in / bug-out scenarios, there is always something else to do.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
Panther

Post by Panther »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:52 pm As ready as we think we are for our various bug-in / bug-out scenarios, there is always something else to do.
This is so true. "I could do with more tins of potatoes; I'd better install another security light on the shed; are two packs of batteries enough, no I'd better get a third pack; can I afford that portable gas cooker for use if ever the power goes off?" And so on..........!!!!
However much emergency gear I buy, however much provisions I stockpile I'm always thinking "just a little bit more would be good!" There's always some other "useful" item I would like, some gap or weakness in my preps that needs to be filled.
There may be trouble ahead
But while there's moonlight and music
And love and romance
Let's face the music and dance