Help with shopping/building the stash

How are you preparing
diamond lil

Re: Help with shopping/building the stash

Post by diamond lil »

QUOTE; A lot of people down here seem to be assuming the problem's over, I don't know how the R rate is managing to stay as comparatively low as it is.

Well pet it probably isn't low at all. But TPTB in England have stopped reporting numbers & changed the system so many times that nobody will even know what is happening for real. New infections over 1000 a day for the last 5 days = at least 5000 since Tuesday and counting.
jansman

Post by jansman »

diamond lil wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:02 am QUOTE; A lot of people down here seem to be assuming the problem's over, I don't know how the R rate is managing to stay as comparatively low as it is.

Well pet it probably isn't low at all. But TPTB in England have stopped reporting numbers & changed the system so many times that nobody will even know what is happening for real. New infections over 1000 a day for the last 5 days = at least 5000 since Tuesday and counting.
It hasn't gone away.The World Health Organisation have reported 294,000+ new cases worldwide in the last 24 hours. Many countries are seeing it flare up.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

farm foods,b&m,lidel and home bargins we use the only trouble i have with home bargins is i go in for light bulbs and spend £50 to £60 while in there :D :D :D
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Rusty74 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:12 pm farm foods,b&m,lidel and home bargins we use the only trouble i have with home bargins is i go in for light bulbs and spend £50 to £60 while in there :D :D :D
Doesn't everyone??
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

diamond lil wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:02 amTPTB in England have stopped reporting numbers & changed the system so many times that nobody will even know what is happening for real. New infections over 1000 a day for the last 5 days = at least 5000 since Tuesday and counting.
I saw a TV news item t'other day that quoted that "1,000 a day" figure, and said right away that "they" were therefore assuming a real rate of around 3,000 a day. It comes from the number of false negatives, and the number who don't get tested, I think ...

The death rate genuinely does seem to be falling - is that because the younger you are, the fewer of you get slammed by the more severe version? But the risk of the severe version (not just death, but the severe version, which is what concerns me) doesn't change once you've got it). :(
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

diamond lil wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:02 am QUOTE; A lot of people down here seem to be assuming the problem's over, I don't know how the R rate is managing to stay as comparatively low as it is.

Exactly! If infection rates are rising, then isn't R rate greater than one by the very definition of it. And with R>1 then relaxation of steps has already gone too far. What we are seeing though is R rate for younger folks increasing but being held low in us older folks. Lower mortality in the younger carriers is all that's holding the death rate back.

Seeing lots of peer pressure now from what I thought were sensible friends, dashing back to the gym and the fitness classes, believing their 2 m spacing while puffing and panting was 'safe'. I'm not chancing that. Seriously worried that kids back at school will be a catastrophe, too.

Is National and regional R rate still published anywhere? Not seen it for a while. What about that colourful chart? Never caught on.

I did see a chart that showed the No#1 source of infection from those contact traced was from another member of their household! Should hardly be its own category. What we need is to not let it enter our homes. Take away it's legs and its front door key. Make our family members see themselves as the risk of being family killer, not just the risk of getting ill themselves.

GRRRRR. :evil:
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

jennyjj01 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:13 am
I did see a chart that showed the No#1 source of infection from those contact traced was from another member of their household! Should hardly be its own category. What we need is to not let it enter our homes. Take away it's legs and its front door key. Make our family members see themselves as the risk of being family killer, not just the risk of getting ill themselves.

GRRRRR. :evil:
"Don't Kill Granny! " as one of the current campaigns says.
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Jenny Scotland has a great site for the latest updates and figures:
https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotlan ... s-tracker/
- and I agree with you, I hardly think going to the gym is so important it's worth dying for :shock: :evil: