Don't let covid side track you too much

How are you preparing
Nurseandy

Re: Don't let covid side track you too much

Post by Nurseandy »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:03 pm
jansman wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:41 pm The last two I could sort myself, but frankly I am doing so much overtime

Snap one good thing about the pandemic as long as it doesn't fall off a cliff in winter
Yup, your overtime will drop, mine will go up ;)
jansman

Post by jansman »

Nurseandy wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:31 pm
jansman wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:41 pm The last two I could sort myself, but frankly I am doing so much overtime

Snap one good thing about the pandemic as long as it doesn't fall off a cliff in winter
Ha ha. :D My overtime is off the scale. We have gone ‘Internet’ in a wealthy ( stinking rich!) rural area. If you ain’t parking a Ferrari or Disco in the car park, you are a nobody! :lol: What we charge is obscene- but they pay it, and we cannot knock product out fast enough. I’ll take it while it lasts.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:03 pm

Ha ha. :D My overtime is off the scale. We have gone ‘Internet’ in a wealthy ( stinking rich!) rural area. If you ain’t parking a Ferrari or Disco in the car park, you are a nobody! :lol: What we charge is obscene- but they pay it, and we cannot knock product out fast enough. I’ll take it while it lasts.

The dearest wife is already spending the overtime :lol: new bathroom next apparently :roll:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jansman

Post by jansman »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:16 pm
jansman wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:03 pm

The dearest wife is already spending the overtime :lol: new bathroom next apparently :roll:
Sounds like mine!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
PreppingSu

Post by PreppingSu »

Good topic.
Currently catching up on all 'medical' appointments (eyes etc) but no dental check ups as they are only doing emergencies. 😬

Waiting for call back about fence.

Timely reminder about guttering repair (thank you!)

OH car due a service, need to remind DD about hers.

Chimney sweep - we have the tools and the know how but we need some repair work done so must look into that.

Oh dear, my 'to do' list is getting longer...🙄
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Well last night the shed alarm kicked in then the house alarm (shed has stand alone alarm system and when I did the house system added a door contact to the shed via the wireless 30m add-on sensors) so if the house alarm is set it's effectively double alarmed

By the time I'd been woken by she who must be obeyed :shock: gathered my senses donned some clothing plus some protection (over the head stab vest) no one to be seen or heard even sitting in the Baltic cold at 3am just listening .. no damage to the shed guessing they pried the door at the bottom parting the magnetic contacts x1 the stand alone has a shock sensor and internal PIR ( which will have chirped for 10 seconds or so on entry mode by then they were probably on their toes followed by the house alarm it's on the entry zone too giving 20 seconds to shut the house alarm up before all hell breaks loose

PIR flood light had moved strangely too :evil: but because of how I mounted it under the roof edge it won't move far .....

Dark nights are here lock everything up and make sure you don't make it easy for the scum

Most of the higher value stuff (petrol strimmer etc) is bike locked to the frame of the shed and bigger stuff has ground anchors or ring bolts into buckets of concrete to slow them down even more

Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

2 new all season tyres ordered for my car front 2 are getting a bit low one draw back of all season tyres are they are a lot softer still plenty legal but 4mm the sipes are going though at £64 a corner I can't grumble and they got adac best all season last year (nexen 4 season)

Not as good as full winter tyres but bar the 2009/10 winter we have had nothing major since so the all seasons are a happy medium better than "summer tyres" but not as good as winters

https://www.adac.de/rund-ums-fahrzeug/t ... 5-65-r14t/

Wife's car is MOT ready (fingers crossed) (it's sporting 2x new all season tyres/ new shockers and some new Tin welded in place of the hungry tin worm) and as per my first post the battery failed on it (only thing I didn't test the weekend before )

Summer spuds lifted and drying in Hessian sacks due to rain forecast Tomorrow in the shed rather than laid out on the kids trampoline....

Half a new bathroom is now sat in the 2nd junk store shed aka the kids playhouse that's my week off taken care off next month :evil:

Stocked up on screen wash for the cars

Big winter shop tomorrow (pay day)

Done some tree surgery at my sister's last weekend
(allotment tree at the end of her garden overhanging got a good chopping) along with replacing her brake light bulb 2 weeks after it was mot'ed it blew :lol:

Looking at the way autumn is flying in and the fact all the Swift's and swallows have fled and grandmas old the Holly trees are laden with berries I'm guessing it's going to be a cold long winter

That said I've not put the snow chains in the car..... YET

Next weekend I'm off hunting for wool socks and awaiting lidls thermal underwear :lol:

PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

Well, the Mirror already is jabbering about a freeze coming at the end of November, and yes with Covid being about winter preps are on my agenda.

So for winter preps, I've had my boiler and car serviced. Got the thermostat being fixed tomorrow. Done the normal check on battery/bulb supply. Finally got hubby to fix the motion sensor battery light to the inside of the garage ceiling so I can actually see without need of my headband torch in the winter months. (couldn't do that myself as if I tilt my head up and backwards, vertigo tends to kick in and I fall over and have trouble righting myself! Yes I look like a turtle on its back😂) Written a list of stuff to get now rather than later such as a couple of bags of rock salt and a new shovel as I broke our last one, just in case we get snow down south.

Also I'm thinking Christmas as if more lock downs come in, together with bad winter weather, I want at least to have some gifts to hand for the nearest and dearest apart from homemade chutneys and jams. I like to do Christmas shopping in December as it makes me feel Christmassy - never been one to have it all done by 1st October (*shudders) but this year, I'll be getting more organised and succum to doing it a little bit early.
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)