So,have your preps been useful?

How are you preparing
featherstick

Re: So,have your preps been useful?

Post by featherstick »

Yes the preps have been useful.

Building social capital (i.e. being a nosey/friendly bugger) up and down the street over the last few years has helped us get a Mutual Aid group together and look after the three quite infirm pensioners.

Krav Maga was useful because I used to drive past a potato/egg seller on the way to training on Saturday morning so was able to get 2 gurt big sacks of spuds just before lockdown.

Obviously, having loads of food and other stocks has meant we didn't need to go shopping so often. The boy is learning how to make bread.

Allotment has been useful as I can escape a sometimes-elevated family dynamic by going up there for an hour or two.

A little projector has meant we can watch movies and cartoons, great for lockdown entertainment.

Loads of board games and RPGs has also helped with boredom.
preppergb

Post by preppergb »

featherstick wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:21 am Yes the preps have been useful.

RPGs? Rocket Propelled Grenades ???? christ where do you live ? :)
cbp125

Post by cbp125 »

Building social capital (i.e. being a nosey/friendly bugger) up and down the street over the last few years has helped us get a Mutual Aid group together and look after the three quite infirm pensioners.

Krav Maga was useful because I used to drive past a potato/egg seller on the way to training on Saturday morning so was able to get 2 gurt big sacks of spuds just before lockdown.

Obviously, having loads of food and other stocks has meant we didn't need to go shopping so often. The boy is learning how to make bread.

Allotment has been useful as I can escape a sometimes-elevated family dynamic by going up there for an hour or two.

A little projector has meant we can watch movies and cartoons, great for lockdown entertainment.

I used to do Krav Maga, such good fun and very realistic, sometimes too realistic as I kept getting injured. Very good for preppers as well!
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Yes, very useful. I like others on here, saw the road we were headed down a few weeks ago and went to the shop every day, buying a few things each time so as not to attract any suspicion, just to top off. That was prior to toiletpapergate of course. I had about 50 rolls in, but I built that up to around 100 just before things deteriorated completely into Hunger Games territory! :lol:

It would now appear that passata has replaced toilet paper as the stockpilers product of choice - cannot get that for love nor money and I have NONE. Mainly because the 12 tetra packs I had went off!? They were four years out of date, but I assumed that they would be indestructible as tins - clearly not.

I am intending to stock up on some books, jigsaws and I have ordered some more yarn - perhaps a little prematurely - but I am clinging to the hope that by the autumn, people will be able to visit markets again! I have got a couple of big Christmas fairs booked, but not yet paid for, and I'll be gutted if they are cancelled.

I'm pondering a second freezer, but I am happy to get something second hand so as soon as the shops open, I'll start having a nosey around the second hand places.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

preppergb wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:22 pm

Role Playing Games :mrgreen:
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Damn.The grenades sounded much more fun.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

diamond lil wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:19 pm Damn.The grenades sounded much more fun.
:lol: :lol: :lol: True.
hobo

Post by hobo »

My preps....not yet but sure glad I have them for the uncertain future. Managed to get regular deliveries throughout, despite occasional anxiety. The situation has 100% won my family over to prepping though. No more hiding :D
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

preppergb wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:22 pm

Hahaha very good. No, Dungeons and Dragons starter pack.
aldhelm

Post by aldhelm »

The situation has 100% won my family over to prepping though. No more hiding
True here as well, even to the point of her saying I can have toys I've been bugging her about for a good 3 years.