Corona has woke me back up....

How are you preparing
bettersafethansorry

Corona has woke me back up....

Post by bettersafethansorry »

So i'd fell away from the prepping wagon and used up most my stocks and was just living day by day, now this Corona has started to esculate I am now kicking myself.

How can you start now when they are limiting what people can buy in shops etc...

Gonna float some supermarkets tomorrow and pick up some bit. (not loo roll tho) hahaha

I'm Back and I'm determined... PLEASE DON'T BE TOO LATE!!

:tinfoil :tinfoil :tinfoil
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.
- Sir Winston Churchill
scoobie

Re: Corona has woke me back up....

Post by scoobie »

It's never too late, it will just be a bit harder work!
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail - Benjamin Franklin
HomeHardener

Post by HomeHardener »

Just buying a tin or two from multiple shops is what everyone should have done.
It’s the ones that went and bought 15 of everything in sight that have demolished the supermarkets.
With success I picked up a bit of this and a bit of that in the less thought of shops. Iceland, Poundland, home bargains etc. They didn’t have loads! But most people seem to have hit the supermarkets hardest
@Homehardening_uk
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

bettersafethansorry wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:38 pm So i'd fell away from the prepping wagon and used up most my stocks and was just living day by day, now this Corona has started to esculate I am now kicking myself.

How can you start now when they are limiting what people can buy in shops etc...

Gonna float some supermarkets tomorrow and pick up some bit. (not loo roll tho) hahaha

Welcome back
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

bettersafethansorry wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:38 pm Gonna float some supermarkets tomorrow and pick up some bit. (not loo roll tho) hahaha

You might just need to be creative and compromise. Buy 2nd line products from stores you seldom visit. E.g. kitchen roll from farmfood is passable as loo roll. Pasta sauces from Aldi instead of Dolmio etc etc. Price might be higher than you like, but it could get worse.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

bettersafethansorry wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:38 pm So i'd fell away from the prepping wagon and used up most my stocks and was just living day by day, now this Corona has started to esculate I am now kicking myself.

Welcome back mate, as you say, go round the shops and see what you can get, if possible, do the same tomorrow. Try different times of day if you can. Good luck.