What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

How are you preparing
pseudonym

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

Post by pseudonym »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:20 pm
pseudonym wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:15 pm Today.... Dad fell down the stairs this morning, a trip to walk in hospital later and I told them to keep the crutches as I had my own set at home :mrgreen:

Then 500 meteres from the hospital clutch went in car. RAC cover to the rescue.

Emergency cash for the repairs tomorrow.

So apart from time, nothing out of pocket at all :shock:
Hope your dad has a speedy recovery... He's dodged the Christmas Washing up tho ;)
He can dry up sitting down.... :lol:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

jennyjj01 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:18 pm
It could have been so different if you had been a non-prepper. (OK. the crutches probably not a prep, but you know what i mean)

JJ
The crutches are part of my preps, I also have a plastic cast boot available.

Just in case... :tinfoil
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Pseudonym, well done you, sorry about your dad though, thats not good.

Weirdly, I have a set of crutches as part of my preps: I saw them in a skip, in amongst building rubble and earth, and dragged them out, I'm not going to let that happen.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Arzosah wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:02 am Pseudonym, well done you, sorry about your dad though, thats not good.

Weirdly, I have a set of crutches as part of my preps: I saw them in a skip, in amongst building rubble and earth, and dragged them out, I'm not going to let that happen.
Thanks he's resting at the moment, it could of been a lot worse.

Glad I'm not the only one.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Hope your dad is better soon.My wife's dad is now prone to falls,bless him,so I understand.As for crutches,we have a pair here too.My wife is rather tall,and when in hospital some years ago for a cruciate ligament repair,they couldn't supply suitable crutches,so I bought some from a medical supply company nearby.By coincidence,our daughter is now the office manager at that very factory,and jokes that now we are getting older,she can get us disability aids atcost.Cheeky mare! :lol:

I am fortunate enough to have a stretch of time ahead of me now.So,the birds and fowls are desperate for a good cleaning,which I will do after my breakfast.My polytunnel is ready to go,so I shall fill some 3" pots with seed compost and set them in the propagater ( one word I struggle to spell - dictionary time!) to warm up,and I shall start off lettuce,leeks,onions and broad beans.

Edit: Propagator.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I've been tidying the garden in preparation for Storm Bella - orange warnings round here.

I'm also chuffed to bits that I made my own mincemeat from stores, including my own dried clementine rind, soaked overnight. Love this type of recipe, because the gooey sauce that binds the mincemeat together is made from muscovado sugar, fruit juice and ground almonds. Oh, and coconut oil. Very yummy. In digging it all out of stores, I came across some tins of fruit, grapefruit and mandarin, that were best before summer 2020, so no problem to use over the next few weeks. Nice to find them now though.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

It's always a nice surprise how much nicer home made stuff tastes when you haven't had it for ages. Much better!
jansman

Post by jansman »

diamond lil wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:31 pm It's always a nice surprise how much nicer home made stuff tastes when you haven't had it for ages. Much better!
It’s lovely to have stuff only in season isn’t it?
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Arzosah wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:32 pm I've been tidying the garden in preparation for Storm Bella - orange warnings round here.

I'm also chuffed to bits that I made my own mincemeat from stores, including my own dried clementine rind, soaked overnight. Love this type of recipe, because the gooey sauce that binds the mincemeat together is made from muscovado sugar, fruit juice and ground almonds. Oh, and coconut oil. Very yummy. In digging it all out of stores, I came across some tins of fruit, grapefruit and mandarin, that were best before summer 2020, so no problem to use over the next few weeks. Nice to find them now though.

We'll need to do a resupply run on AA batteries one toy took 14aa batteries wiping out my reasonable stock pile before everything else got unwrapped :?

Battery charger on charging other cells up to ensure I've got a fall back should this storm be particularly nasty
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Nurseandy

Post by Nurseandy »

Yorkshire Andy - on the plus side of a toy requiring 14aa batteries- my kids are a bit bigger now and all the rechargeable batteries they had in RC cars etc are now in my possession :D