What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

How are you preparing
jansman

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

Post by jansman »

Today,after a fry up and more tea,I shall be sowing cucumbers in the tunnel,along with more micro greens. Then off to snag more logs from the back of my daughter's house,as there is an unlimited supply to anyone bothered to get them out. Couple of pints in the battle cruiser,and then I shall sit by the fire and tie fishing rigs.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Mrs A is sewing (edging?) old fashioned hankies from a spare cotton sheet. I guess we will run out of disposable ones at some stage.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Planted another fruit tree to go with the couple I've already done in the 'guerrilla garden', been told I can get a spare blackcurrant bush to put up there too. Told a couple of pals who walk their dugs there about them, not sure they'll come to anything, the deer might take a shine but we'll see.

Its also time to get stuff sorted up the allotment, hacked out an old tree and its roots to make space, the tree is making its way to my wood stash. :D As there's no football today I'll be trying to go through stuff in a spare room, get rid of some and make more space, got some of my 'zombie stuff' in there too so that can get bettered arranged.
Slazanger

Post by Slazanger »

Not much here other than taking stock and checking
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

Dug out a shrub that no longer flowered and planted a gooseberry bush in its place. slowly turning a shrubbery into a fruit garden/orchard. Also planted 2 blackcurrants in spaces. also 4blackberry and 6 rasp canes in garden. reviewed the log pile which is depressing low after long wet winter, will spend next week figuring out how best to boost it.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Pruned my apple and pear trees yesterday, need to tackle the gooseberry bushes next :shock: :o spikey buggers they are

Greenhouse is now tidy need to dig the sides over compost is bought for toms and other greenhouse grows

Not putting anything in It yet it cost me a fortune in paraffin last spring with the late frosts

Grass round blackcurrants is cut down

Ground has been rotorvated and got most of the rotten spuds out

Greenhouse needs a few repairs buts it's functional
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Did a full shop for my dad and also made up 2 emergency boxes for him. One he has, one I'll keep.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
cbp125

Post by cbp125 »

I dug some trenches around my polytunnel, before I put the cover on, need to dig the otherside tomorrow, quite a few people down at the allotment and I really enjoyed the cameraderie, we all had about 50m between us all shouting over to each other joking about it being a good safe distance lol.
Had some good chats on the ham radio, lots of people isolating themselves indoors ment lots on the radio chatting which was a bonus.
nightowl

Post by nightowl »

Finished increasing usual two-weeks' worth of emergency food supplies for family of four to a month.
gamekeeper752

Post by gamekeeper752 »

Half way through the spring clean AND stock checking which seems just the right time to do it, so this is making room for more supplies(got three months of food water and things for three of us)which was already in really just got extras in the freezer and dried stuff.
Next will be pruning the roses apple and plum trees and knocking back the raspberries as I had let them get away from me a bit.
I've checked stocks of home made compost for planting/potting.
Got more ammo for various firearms and have several days shooting lined up for meat.
Laughing at old work mates and colleagues who used to laugh at my prepping and are now panic buying and hoarding :tinfoil
That's enough got to check my alcohol stocks.
Train hard,Fight easy, put the kettle on and make tea