What Preps are you doing this week? Part 6.

How are you preparing
Stonecarver

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 6.

Post by Stonecarver »

Bought an automatic breadmaker and also a few dozen kilos of bread flour(different types). Also be buying that egg stuff that other posters have added to stocks in case shortage of real eggs. Actually was quite good bread and smell in morning was helpful in getting teenage boys out of bed :)
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

"ordered 72 bottles of wine in preparation for brexit - nearly sorted out storage for it"

But there are more than 72 days until Brexit happens????????? ;)

My kind of prepping. :lol:
wine glass.jpg
wine glass.jpg (15.72 KiB) Viewed 2401 times
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
moominmama

Post by moominmama »

what can i say - priorities!

seriously, as well as cannot get/hard to get am worried about price increases for those items can get, wine and coffee, etc. are luxury items i could not really justify buying if prices rose too much. (i have ordered coffee beans and waiting for next special offer on Yorkshire Tea to stock up!)

i order on-line and get delivered as much cheaper than buying in supermarkets or winemerchants, delivery charge means works out better value to order multiple cases - this will last us quite a while with some left for presents.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

moominmama wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:46 pm ordered 72 bottles of wine in preparation for brexit - nearly sorted out storage for it
doing a shopping list for store cupbaord and household items
Serious question? Any recommendations for good value red wine? Merlot or Cabernet... strongish for drinking while cooking. I see Makro have some cheap case deals, but I've yet to sample some. Is <£3 per bottle achievable without buying complete rubbish?

Realised something to add to my hardware prep... Plastic lids for opened cans: Like the ones you get on Pringles and 'East End' ghee. They seem stupidly pricey at about 50p each on amazon.

Right.... Off to start a beer kit going: Gotsta have beer for it's vitamin B and bread making value. ;)
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Its changed in Scotland now with the minimum pricing per unit :evil: but latterly I struggled to get anything under 4 quid that I would chose to drink, try different cheap boxes, I got used to the Asda Aussie shiraz until it rocketed up to nearly 16 quid a box up here, I can now buy better wine for less (for my taste) which is a mixed blessing and my stash of 20 odd boxes has been run down. :cry:

More experimentation required Jenny....

Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Deeps wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:35 pm Its changed in Scotland now with the minimum pricing per unit :evil: but latterly I struggled to get anything under 4 quid that I would chose to drink, try different cheap boxes, I got used to the Asda Aussie shiraz until it rocketed up to nearly 16 quid a box up here, I can now buy better wine for less (for my taste) which is a mixed blessing and my stash of 20 odd boxes has been run down. :cry:

More experimentation required Jenny....

Road trip south of Hadrian's wall needed and a van!
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:09 pm

Road trip south of Hadrian's wall needed and a van!
Its been discussed. ;)

I've got a mate who has a caravan just north of Berwick and he's also offered to be my mule, we just haven't sorted anything yet.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Don't like wine but I find good coffee costs the earth already, so god knows what it's going to be later on.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

diamond lil wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:20 pm Don't like wine but I find good coffee costs the earth already, so god knows what it's going to be later on.
Have you looked at coffee beans and a grinder ???
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Is that cheaper Deeps?