What Preps are you doing this week? Part 6.

How are you preparing
Yorkshire Andy

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 6.

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:19 am I like the pop bottle idea! Regarding pointy knives,I cannot work without
Ghetto method:

http://www.uk-preppers.co.uk/forum/view ... 00#p163672

Shop bought :
Screenshot_20191229-084523.png
Can still see some comedian at work swapping your knife :lol:

Today's prep tidy this post Christmas bomb site!
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

So, the plastic bottle cap is used by putting it over the wound the right way up, to create a minimal vacuum, sort of thing? Not the wrong way up to create some pressure? Am I going to have to save a few bottle tops? I can see I was reading the conversation that Andy's linked to, but I didn't take it on board at all, it went right over my head :oops: :oops: :oops:
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Arzosah wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:26 am So, the plastic bottle cap is used by putting it over the wound the right way up, to create a minimal vacuum, sort of thing? Not the wrong way up to create some pressure? Am I going to have to save a few bottle tops? I can see I was reading the conversation that Andy's linked to, but I didn't take it on board at all, it went right over my head :oops: :oops: :oops:

If there's a big bleed you need to apply pressure the oales bandaged comes with its own built in pressure bar / cap it sits on the top of the wound pad

Put a standard first aid dressing over the wound and put a wrap or 2 of the bandage round to hold it in place. Put a upturned bottle cap over the wound and wrap the remaining bandage round tightly

jansman

Post by jansman »

Cracking diy method that. On my course, we discussed self- treatment if you are alone, and this is up there with that.

As for anyone swapping my knives, there’s an old butchers saying, “you can take my life, you can take my wife, but never, ever, take my knife!” :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Sort of prepping at work me and the accountant applied constant pressure on the MD since my requalification and her 3 day faaw (plus 2 others) earlier this year, we went from one first aider (me) to 4 and we now have a shiny new AED on site which we hung on the wall last week :D

We each received a brief introduction into the specific unit and how to check it's ready to go battery indicator and a little tick symbol.....

https://www.medisave.co.uk/mediana-hear ... lator.html

Added bonus is there's no pads to swap just a switch for adult or child and colour coded pads