What Preps are you doing this week? Part 4

How are you preparing
pseudonym

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 4

Post by pseudonym »

Congrats on the house. :)
scorpio00x wrote: Got a black 1000l IBC for rainwater storage. Just needs putting in place and connected to gutter on shed. Any advice for base and how to filter water?
10 part IBC water system:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Rubm0 ... 56CCB7313D

You could scale it down. :mrgreen:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
scorpio00x

Post by scorpio00x »

Thanks brambles and pseudonym also pseudonym for link. Got plans just fighting the other half who insisted the electrics were all ok and didn't need sorting out before we moved in. We were living with her parents so an extra 2 months wouldn't have made much difference. Or we could have moved here wth just very small amount of essentials and had work done whilst we lived here then move in.

Got extra hours up till Christmas, so not bad and helps a little.
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

Congrats on the house, exciting times :D Unfortunately I've just been given notice to quit as the new landlord wants it for herself, to be out by jan. Going to be an interesting Xmas! Must loo :roll: :lol: k out the tents
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Bu&&er. That's a real blow this time of year Izzy. Hope you can get sorted ASAP.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
jansman

Post by jansman »

izzy_mack wrote:Congrats on the house, exciting times :D Unfortunately I've just been given notice to quit as the new landlord wants it for herself, to be out by jan. Going to be an interesting Xmas! Must loo :roll: :lol: k out the tents
I'll echo Brambles there.Good luck with your house hunt.Let us know how you get on.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

izzy_mack wrote:Congrats on the house, exciting times :D Unfortunately I've just been given notice to quit as the new landlord wants it for herself, to be out by jan. Going to be an interesting Xmas! Must loo :roll: :lol: k out the tents
Sorry to hear it, its not a good time to be house hunting, hope you get sorted.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Judging by the ( albeit admittedly small) number of people I know or work for that have one for sale it's also not a good time to be trying to sell either.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

I know two people (one single / one couple) who are having to move as their private landlords want the property back, supposedly for their own use but lets see. A few landlords are looking to sell up I reckon before SHTF.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Maybe Deeps could confirm, but I seem to recall reading something about new legislation for landlords and how it could affect them financially so a lot of landlords will be selling up. I'll have to have a trawl and see if I can find the article.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Brambles wrote:Maybe Deeps could confirm, but I seem to recall reading something about new legislation for landlords and how it could affect them financially so a lot of landlords will be selling up. I'll have to have a trawl and see if I can find the article.
Sorry Brambles,I know the rules changed on tax, to be honest I didn't pay much attention as I haven't bought anywhere for about 10 year, when things started going 'a bit wrong' financially I pulled my head in.

I've just found this though.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/investing/bu ... dhow-beat/