Preps for Christmas

How are you preparing
DustyDog

Preps for Christmas

Post by DustyDog »

As we are heading for Christmas, just wondering what preps members here might ask for Christmas. This could give other members ideas as to things they could ask for. Somehow though i dont think that Mrs DD is going to buy me 14 tons of cord wood for me too saw through and a 150 watt solar charger for my leisure battery that i would love to get. :lol:
Up in the wet South Lakeland
Deeps

Re: Preps for Christmas

Post by Deeps »

Always ask for vouchers, amazon in the past and a quick look on ebay suggests that they don't do them. :cry: but even Tesco vouchers or the like let you buy exactly what you want, not something that's not quite the right thing that you wanted.
yorkshirewolf

Post by yorkshirewolf »

My main prep is as follows:

Explain (as usual) to family/friends that i do not follow any religion, so won't be celebrating a consumerist bastardized form of a christian festival anymore than i'd celebrate Divali-Eid-Hannukah, so please don't feel any social pressure to send cards, exchange gifts or put any undue stress on themselves on my account.

If they'd like to visit, or like me to visit them whilst on holiday, that would be lovely, but don't expect me to get hammered or binge eat a load of rubbish.

If in any doubt or in the event you'll try to pressure/coerce or otherwise encourage me to enjoy the frivolities 'because it's christmas' please think of me as a miserable sod and leave me well alone, because it's likely you'll end up offended and upset.

Job done :D
sethorly

Post by sethorly »

yorkshirewolf wrote:My main prep is as follows:

Explain (as usual) to family/friends that i do not follow any religion, so won't be celebrating a consumerist bastardized form of a christian festival anymore than i'd celebrate Divali-Eid-Hannukah, so please don't feel any social pressure to send cards, exchange gifts or put any undue stress on themselves on my account.

If they'd like to visit, or like me to visit them whilst on holiday, that would be lovely, but don't expect me to get hammered or binge eat a load of rubbish.

If in any doubt or in the event you'll try to pressure/coerce or otherwise encourage me to enjoy the frivolities 'because it's christmas' please think of me as a miserable sod and leave me well alone, because it's likely you'll end up offended and upset.

Job done :D
hahahaha that's so me. :lol:

On a serious note, prep for bastadr pikey nuts thieving the presents from your garage.
=======
Plymton wrote:Klingon ass scratcher
=======
Area 8
=======
Stasher

Post by Stasher »

I always ask for nice bathroom smellies. People usually buy really nice ones that I wouldn't fork out for myself (recent acquisitions include Elemis and L'Occitane). This does two things, firstly it means when I want a really nice treat I can luxuriate in something fabulous and also secondly means my shower gel/moisturiser/soap stash has been extended

I'm also very fussy about good quality socks so I normally ask for my favourites for Christmas

A couple of years ago I bought alpha male a new fox trap cos that's what he really wanted
Knowledge is power
woodsman1

Post by woodsman1 »

Why are we talking about Xmas
its still November
its not xmas folks but any cards are welcome there great for lighting the fire ;)
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

books on forex and binary trading :)
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
Kentsurvival

Post by Kentsurvival »

ahh xmas already haha, I good idea (thats fun for us as well) is to make a small / low cost survival kit / bug out bag or emergency car kit as a gift to those that would not think to make one themselves. The car kit is a good one as they can always have it nearby and to a non prepare doesn't sound so 'mad' and 'doomsday' like.
yorkshirewolf

Post by yorkshirewolf »

Kentsurvival wrote:ahh xmas already haha, I good idea (thats fun for us as well) is to make a small / low cost survival kit / bug out bag or emergency car kit as a gift to those that would not think to make one themselves. The car kit is a good one as they can always have it nearby and to a non prepare doesn't sound so 'mad' and 'doomsday' like.
This is a good idea, but i've tried giving non-preppers, prepper type gifts and they've looked at me like i've got three heads, that is of course until they find they need that de-icer, warm gloves and hat in the car :oops:

I bought my wife a small SAK to go on her keys once and she looked at me with almost disgust! - uses it all the time now and tells her mates how thoughtful it was :lol:
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

yorkshirewolf wrote: :oops:

I bought my wife a small SAK to go on her keys once and she looked at me with almost disgust! - uses it all the time now and tells her mates how thoughtful it was :lol:

Mine discribed it recently as the best anniversary gift ever! :o (well not technically wife but meh ;) )

she loves it...

Car kits are a pain for none preppers as it "fills the boot".. Sister was on that level till she got a flat battery... then the funny wire things came in handy when a work mate offered to help her... "brother had dumped this in my boot"... Ohh a torch... Ohh jump leads.... oh look your cars working now.....
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine