What preps are you doing this week? Part 3.

How are you preparing
nickdutch

Re: What preps are you doing this week? Part 3.

Post by nickdutch »

Purchased a grip strengthener for the forearms (and grip). An adjustable sprung thing. So that, plus my weights, plus the outdoor gym, plus my cycling will all help to bring me to a position of being healthier and fitter.
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
defender130

What preps are you doing this week? Part 3.

Post by defender130 »

Well ukpreppergrrl if you are anything like my wife after trying it you will end up with your own shotgun

Embarrassingly she can some days out shoot me but regardless of what you do or don't have or intend to have in future having the knowledge of how to shoot and handle a gun safely can only be another useful skill to have

My prep this week consisted of having an electrician on standby so as soon as the power had gone off on a planned 5 hour outage for work doing on lines nearby he quickly re routed the tails coming out of the meter so they can be interrupted by a change over switch and put a fresh set from the change over switch back to the distribution board, all I need to get around to doing now is a couple of inlet plugs to the change over switch from the generator and in future I can just fire up the old 15kva lister generator run a lead to the inlet, flick the switch over and the meter will be isolated and the generator will be powering the house instead

After that's done I need to measure fuel consumption over 24 hours and see if I can increase fuel tank capacity to manage 2-3 days as a minimum, then get a little more red stocked up just in case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bobble

Post by bobble »

Just looking in the food cupboards, as the latest USA /Russia in Syria and the looming Deutche bank stuff has switched on my prepper head again! If anything was to kick off right now, today, we'd have a breakfast and another meal each day for 76 days plus assorted sweet treats.Yummy! Needless to say, if owt did happen, that lot would all be cruelly rationed and hopefully last a lot longer! Must buy more catfood and hen feed too.
Spuds and tomatoes all got late blight this year and everything else was hammered by the slugs, except for our peas, carrots and parsnips. Not much stored except for jams and blackberry cordial!
SooBee

Post by SooBee »

Shopping trip this morning and just getting my Marmite stocks up to date. Anyone know the recipe?
sethorly

Post by sethorly »

SooBee wrote:Shopping trip this morning and just getting my Marmite stocks up to date. Anyone know the recipe?
The ink from a 10 day old squid corpse + blowfly semen + dead badger.
=======
Plymton wrote:Klingon ass scratcher
=======
Area 8
=======
gamekeeper752

Post by gamekeeper752 »

looking at three things this week http://www.andersonshelters.org.uk/ whether or not its more practical than something in the house as well as cost.

collecting bones and large leg ligaments from turkey's for needles and fish hooks early practise with both has been to make them eyeless which seems stronger so far

and costing an acre of woodland
Train hard,Fight easy, put the kettle on and make tea
Appin

Post by Appin »

If you are looking at Anderson shelters also look at "Domestic Nuclear Shelters -Technical Guidance"

This was produced in 1981. It has updated plans for an Anderson type shelter which has been improved for longer occupancy.

The full DNS - TG is not on the internet the only apparently real copy is only a part copy bulked out other papers. ( https://archive.org/details/DomesticNuc ... alGuidance )

You can get the ISBN and might find the full book in a major library.

The advice for proper concrete bunkers is interesting as it shows the actual level of reinforcing metalwork needed. It is huge and as others have noted has to be cast in one go.

Regards

Appin
SooBee

Post by SooBee »

sethorly wrote:
SooBee wrote:Shopping trip this morning and just getting my Marmite stocks up to date. Anyone know the recipe?
The ink from a 10 day old squid corpse + blowfly semen + dead badger.

Oh! So no eye of bat then?
Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

brewers yeast ,salt and alcohol plus secret spices. the was a tv program where some guy made some.
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
gamekeeper752

Post by gamekeeper752 »

Still tastes like the bottom of a slurry pit yuk!
Train hard,Fight easy, put the kettle on and make tea