What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
itsybitsy

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by itsybitsy »

Six boxes of paracetamol, four tubes of toothpaste, 2 x 20m of catering foil, 2 x 20m cling film and 4kg of sugar. Slightly random, I concur - but not to worry, that's me all over :lol:
scoobie

Post by scoobie »

Ummmm does working on this site count?! ;)
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail - Benjamin Franklin
Carrot Cruncher

Post by Carrot Cruncher »

Moved it over to the food bit

CC
Last edited by Carrot Cruncher on Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magz

Post by Magz »

Carrot Cruncher wrote:I started to grow my own veg this year, a usefull skill to learn I thought. I planted a lot of containers, bags, and a raised bed for a late "harvest". Due to the bad weather recently I decided to pull up most of it today as it was about the right time for them anyway......what a disapointment:

Spuds, Planted in 5 sacks and the raised Bed: Total weight harvested about 4lbs :cry:

Beetroot, Planted in Builders Buckets: Total weight harvested 0, zilch, nada :cry:

Peas, Planted in containers: Total harvested...lots :D

Carrots, Planted in containers: Total harvested, enough to keep a skinny rabbit in food for a day or two :cry:

Ah well, you live and learn...better to make the screw ups now rather than when I really need it.

CC
Should move this over to the Food, Nutrition and Agriculture section or just start a post on it there CC coz I'd love to chat more about this and pick your brains :)
Brambling

Post by Brambling »

Added more Batteries and gas canisters, tinned vegetable shortening, sugar and honey. swapped out chicken food in the stores.
Carrot Cruncher

Post by Carrot Cruncher »

Magz wrote:and pick your brains
Trust me, that will be a short chat :D
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Brambling wrote:Added more Batteries and gas canisters, tinned vegetable shortening, sugar and honey. swapped out chicken food in the stores.
What's tinned vegetable shortening?
lisaloolibell

Post by lisaloolibell »

wrapping torches,batteries and radios in tinfoil and putting them inside cardboard boxes just need to buy a small steel bin now and have myself a faraday cage. Researching BOL's and printing directions on foot and in car. Vacuum packing home-made MRE's and adding to my food storage and wondering how the heck im gonna get everything in the car in the event of bugging out. :roll:
technobug

Post by technobug »

on what to do this week the only thing I've done is made certain my car is fully charged, antifreezed and got it's winter kit/GHB in there.
lotsa people being stuck places at mo (and crashing), my journey is only 13 miles each way but wouldn't like to walk it in this weather without some extra layers
Brambling

Post by Brambling »

itsybitsy wrote:
Brambling wrote:Added more Batteries and gas canisters, tinned vegetable shortening, sugar and honey. swapped out chicken food in the stores.
What's tinned vegetable shortening?
Like Trex, you know for making pastry.