What preps are you doing this week? part 2.

How are you preparing
PreparedKent

Re: What preps are you doing this week? part 2.

Post by PreparedKent »

FFP3 (N99) is what the WHO recommends for healthcare workers. Don't forget to cover your eyes from aerosolised germs (sneezes, etc) with some lab glasses and latex or nitrile gloves (must be for medical use and conform to EN455). Vinyl gloves work but they are difficult to put on, have a tendancy to split and are difficult to work in.
preparedsurrey

Post by preparedsurrey »

Stasher wrote: I bought face masks
Having read (I think) here that FFP3 is the way to go, I bought some disposable
http://www.screwfix.com/p/jsp-disposabl ... k-p3/48959
Please tell me I bought the right ones. I bought disposable because of hygiene considerations
They're going to live in the box with the vinyl gloves.............
Just a thought but have you tried wearing one yet? I struggle with dust masks and usually end up wearing an proper asbestos stripping mask if I need too wear one as they can be adjusted to fit me quite well, all the others seem to leak around the nose and under my chin, you can improve the seal of most masks if necessary by smearing vaseline around the edges (and through your beard if you have one)
If guns are outlawed then only the outlaws will have guns....
Djorn

Post by Djorn »

Got some more ammo for the. 22 and sone new bolts for the Crossbow. Just started on my book hope to finish it over christmas. Got a few days off before the relatives arrive so hope to sort the garage/wood storeage out and write a few pages of my novel..

dj
A Prepper is for life, not just for Doomsday !!
PreparedKent

Post by PreparedKent »

I've been ill so have depleted my stocks of paracetamol, ibuprofen and paramol somewhat. So have re-stocked with 50 paracetamol and 32 ibuprofen.

Job for this week is my least favourite prepper job.... killing rats and disposing of their diseased bodies. Have shot one (after waiting hours for him to show his ugly head) and put out loads of blue corn which has been eaten but my feed shed has still got rat droppings everywhere and chewed up stuff. Turns out that the Rentokil Rat Killer contains Bromodiolone which rats in Kent and Sussex are now immune to so now have to switch to blocks of difenacoum in the hope that kills them. I HATE RATS!!!!
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

I've been floored with the worst cold I've had for years, not been able to do anything prepping wise or day to day stuff, totally exhausted me all week so far and now I have that nasty dry tickly cough that means I am losing my voice. Lots of stock of Beecham's, throat sprays and vapour rub have come in very handy. Given up with tissues and very glad to have my stocks of aloe vera loo rolls for my sore nose. :( :cry:
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
ojiu0u4

Post by ojiu0u4 »

watching youtube videos about old techniques for making charcoal and refining iron ore in clay furnaces.
Area 9
dazthechippy

Post by dazthechippy »

its been on my list for ages but i finally got a scanner/copier/printer. I spent most of yesterday scanning to my PC al the important docs I could think of like wills, house details, financial details etc..

Today I'll backup to an external hard drive and will put a copy of everything on a USB stick that I'll keep off site somewhere secure

its a good way to clear out all the old paperwork too and gives me a good feeling to have done it.
Wulfshead

Post by Wulfshead »

This week we had to sacrifice most of the space in the workshop to turn into food storage.
After outgrowing our in-house storage space we decided to order 3 sets of 4 shelf 750 x 300 x 1450 mm L-D-H and erect them as the first bank in my workshop.
My son then took to going down to Lidl and spending a small fortune on trying to fill the shelves, you,d need to know my lad as when he sets himself a challenge there is no force that will stop him.
What with his contributions and the thinning out of what we had in-house we have the shelves 50% full and thinking we may need to order another 3 sooner rather than later.The down side is that I have a knife commission to make (An old style Saxon langseax) for a heathen friend's handfasting in may and it looks like I will have to do so now outside in the cold :cry:
I'm sure MJ would confirm the amount of filings that come off a billet of steel so I can well do without our food preps covered in a grey film of metal filings :lol:

Wulfshead
Area 4 Coordinator

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack
aldhelm

Post by aldhelm »

Same as most of us we've been getting the last stages of Xmas together but a few more bits of the winter kit have come, just a couple of bits left but it's going to be next month for them, but at least the main things have been taken care of.

We went shopping yesterday I added to the bin bag collection, there's probably a years worth now, same for washing up liquid and six months worth of bleach.
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

A quick shop for more cold relief supplies, covonia in all its different treatments cost £4 for a small bottle which shocked me slightly :shock: as there are three adults in the home it cost me £36!!!! :?

Lots more remedies purchased as one only likes "this" flavour and another "that" flavour :x

Today baked sausage rolls, mince pies, ginger biscuits, jammy biscuits and cheesy chive muffins oh and spag bol now cooking for dinner. The mogsplosh was pestering for a taste of everything and then amused himself with the tree and the decorations when he was shooed away :lol:
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.