bug out bag

Got a question or suggestion about an EDC/BOB/GHB item, chat about it here.
Big Bear

bug out bag

Post by Big Bear »

Hello again guys.
My prepping is now under way and I have compiled my list of stuff I will be stocking up on.
My question is, do I concentrate on the food water side of thing and then once that is in order, begin the building of my bug out bag or should I be building it at the same time as I am prepping my essentials(food water batteries the like)
Do not rely on the government for anything, especially your survival
Sirmattyb

Re: bug out bag

Post by Sirmattyb »

Hi mate what are you prepping for? I believe that it is totally up to you how you begin to prep I started with first aid then built around that. As for food etc I'm in the process of making some pemmican don't know how it will turn out ha
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

Big Bear wrote:Hello again guys.
My prepping is now under way and I have compiled my list of stuff I will be stocking up on.
My question is, do I concentrate on the food water side of thing and then once that is in order, begin the building of my bug out bag or should I be building it at the same time as I am prepping my essentials(food water batteries the like)
If you compare the frequency of housefires with the frequency of societal collapse, you get your answer. A BOB should have a couple of changes of clothes, some cash, water, food, and copies of vital docs - perhaps on a USB stick or SD card, and it should be somewhere you can grab it if the smoke alarm goes off. Shouldn't take you more than a couple of hours to put together, depending on access to scanners etc. After you've got that together, you can get tactical with tarps, machetes, stoves and so on, as well as building up food and water and the big infrastructure projects like growing food.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

featherstick wrote:
If you compare the frequency of housefires with the frequency of societal collapse, you get your answer. A BOB should have a couple of changes of clothes, some cash, water, food, and copies of vital docs - perhaps on a USB stick or SD card, and it should be somewhere you can grab it if the smoke alarm goes off. Shouldn't take you more than a couple of hours to put together, depending on access to scanners etc.
A Sister-Bag, what you'd need to survive a personal disaster
(Bug-out to a Travel lodge, or a mates house or WHY)

After you've got that together, you can get tactical with tarps, machetes, stoves and so on ......
A 'proper' survivalprepperist BoB :lol:
Not really a lot of use in the UK...... Still fun to do though ;)
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Big Bear

Post by Big Bear »

SirmattyB.

I'm really prepping for the following:

Social Unrest ( caused by financial collapse and the like)

Food shortage caused by the ever increasing costs
Do not rely on the government for anything, especially your survival