My BOB

Got a question or suggestion about an EDC/BOB/GHB item, chat about it here.
Malthouse

My BOB

Post by Malthouse »

I do not really have a Bug Out Bag as such, my every day bag is a very nice Viper Recon Bag and it has more than enough room to hold some items were I to find myself with a "challenge" to overcome. Like most of you I am sure, people take the micky out of me for having bits and bobs on my person all the time; but the satisfaction when they need to borrow something is worth it. :D

The stuff I carry, either in my pockets or in my bag...

A 6ft length of paracord in a key fob type knot,
A good quality LED torch, currently a Lenser L7 and very happy with it,
Wax-tipped matches,
A Boafeng dual band transceiver, picks up broadcast radio as well as transmitting on VHF and UHF. I have it set to a variety of maritime and other frequencies,
Notepad & pencil,
AA Powered phone charger,
Cable ties,
Small micro fibre towel,
Shemagh scarf,
4" Penknife,
ResQme window breaker.

Plus a few other bits I won't admit to ;)

I have water bottles stashed all over the place, which I use all the time and constantly replace.

The car has a small first aid kit and a small set of tools. Stored elsewhere there is a really good medical kit and four locations with proper tools etc.

By law all my registered firearms and ammo have to be at one address, which is a shame. But there is an ample supply of both.
Last edited by Malthouse on Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KrisWard

Re: My BOB

Post by KrisWard »

Sounds good. Looks like you have a lot of the bases covered. I tend to go over the top, when I for example packing my car kit, I think about all the possible scenarios that are in my head at that time, and add things as i think of new things, I can barely use my boot now for preps lol but the piece of mind is worth it. Isnt that why we do what we do?!
Malthouse

Post by Malthouse »

lol, Yeah I had to take the back seat out to make room for all my stash :D

I go through phases, currently I am being quite harsh and taking stuff out if it is not useful in some way during an ordinary week. But it is never far away! :lol:

But then I am lucky as we have so many caves and tunnels to explore, it is easy to justify all the outdoor gear.
KrisWard

Post by KrisWard »

I like that, had to take the back seat out lol I try to take thngs out, and then there is an argument in my head, no you might need that if this happens or that happens. People who see my boot are shocked and say " whats all that" my friends know I am into prepping, asscoiates just think i carry round a camping kit incase the mood so takes me lol
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

How about adding something like a sol emergency bivvy bag?

http://www.needlesports.com/Catalogue/C ... rTcANJdWqg
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

KrisWard wrote:Sounds good. Looks like you have a lot of the bases covered. I tend to go over the top, when I for example packing my car kit, I think about all the possible scenarios that are in my head at that time, and add things as i think of new things, I can barely use my boot now for preps lol but the piece of mind is worth it. Isnt that why we do what we do?!

I erm might also be guilty of this... :lol:

got a decent tool kit.. spare oil screen wash et all spanners, screw drivers, bits of cable few crimp connectors,,,

24 hr ration pack with self heating mre pouches, 12v kettle brew kit, 5 season sleeping bag, several jackets ..... its only a bloody super mini :tinfoil
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
KrisWard

Post by KrisWard »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:
KrisWard wrote:Sounds good. Looks like you have a lot of the bases covered. I tend to go over the top, when I for example packing my car kit, I think about all the possible scenarios that are in my head at that time, and add things as i think of new things, I can barely use my boot now for preps lol but the piece of mind is worth it. Isnt that why we do what we do?!

I erm might also be guilty of this... :lol:

got a decent tool kit.. spare oil screen wash et all spanners, screw drivers, bits of cable few crimp connectors,,,

24 hr ration pack with self heating mre pouches, 12v kettle brew kit, 5 season sleeping bag, several jackets ..... its only a bloody super mini :tinfoil

lol its amazing how we seem to find the space for these things, despite the odds lol But at this rate and onother years prepping I am going to need a trailer or a van to hold it all lol
Malthouse

Post by Malthouse »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:How about adding something like a sol emergency bivvy bag?
I shall have a look at those, cheers :)