Could someone help me find a BOB rucksack.

Got a question or suggestion about an EDC/BOB/GHB item, chat about it here.
pseudonym

Re: Could someone help me find a BOB rucksack.

Post by pseudonym »

12mp82 wrote:This would be ideal, a holdall and a back pack, neutral colour and hardwearing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOLDALL-BAG-B ... 2a1bdffa0d

They are pants, I went through three of them whilst serving
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
SJS

Post by SJS »

Got a couple of similar holdalls (Expedition 120) made from (I'm told) 1000 Denier Cordura and plasticoated. Whatever they're made of, they are seriously tough bags.

However... they suck as backpacks! They're not comfortable to carry at all, and I couldn't even imagine trying to carry one on my back for more than 20 minutes.

A holdall is hand, shoulder or vehicle carry only. Their backpack straps are only intended for use when unloading your car to take your bags to your front door (so that you can carry one on your back, one shoulder-slung, another in your other hand): a few minutes carry only.
Trojanhorse

Post by Trojanhorse »

I use Bugout bags- they are great and well made. Check them on ebay. I have the 55L. Great Bag.
Pointboy

Post by Pointboy »

I have a 5.11 rush 12 pack which has done me great for day to day things, the one i have is a 12 hour sack but the website i got it from also does a 24 and 72, they are very good quality and don't cost the earth, I have mine in multicam as i love that camo haha I will add a link to the website and that was just 3 examples of about 100 different types they have but I would recommend the 5.11 range :D

http://www.military1st.co.uk/bags-and-r ... ks/?page=4
AREA 8 we shall defend our island, what ever the cost may be,we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds,we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills, we shall never surrender.
Pointboy

Post by Pointboy »

Oh and the 5.11 range rucksacks are very comfy when carrying about i have carried one for more then about 7 hours before with loads of stuff in and it was no trouble
AREA 8 we shall defend our island, what ever the cost may be,we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds,we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills, we shall never surrender.
Mitchellsfold

Could someone help me find a BOB rucksack.

Post by Mitchellsfold »

+1 for 5.11 gear. I carry the Rush 24 as my EDC/work/GHB. Tough, comfy and organised! Buy well - buy once! I carry a FAK plus shears, waterproofs, hi viz vest, bivi bag, emergency blanket, torch, spork, pens paper, phone, food, dry food and drink, litre nalgene, gloves, meds, work related forms, some restricted kit, camera.....+ Pocket organiser with Leatherman firesteel, shard, gaffer tape etc..
Not light but very comfortable to wear and discreet enough. Still room to spare!
It's worth saving for.

Over the years I have accumulated a 75litre Karrimor SF, Maxped Jumbo plus Osprey daysack for camping/BOB and task specific activities but the Rush is either with me or in the car nearby everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Servo per Amikeco
QUAID

Post by QUAID »

These types of holdall bags with shoulder straps are ok if you are wandering around on Platform 1 waiting for the 3:15 to nowhere, but they are crippling when you try walking for more than 500mtrs (ive tried it many times).
Go for a good hill walking type of load carrying system or a military bergan.
Briggs

Post by Briggs »

+1 for the 5.11 Rush. I have the 72 version. It's comfortable with about 30kg loaded. Loads of inner stowage and pockets.

I use the 5.11 Moab 10 everday, this is a pretty good GHB, but I find it's not so comfortable over 10kg.
I recently experienced Plymouth City centre so that's why I prep.
rickoshea

Post by rickoshea »

I Use a 41L TNF daypack. It's a good size and well organised with loads of pockets and organisational features which help keep useful items.....useful. I chose it because it can hold 3 days worth of clothing and supplies, but doesn't look out of place walking around towns (even though it's tacticool black). I even take it to work and on holidays without any awkward questions. It's extremely well made and comfortable even when loaded, but it wasn't cheap at over £100, but buy right buy once.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

I just recently bought a German army surplus pack (Ebay, 30 notes delivered http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281124461837? ... 1497.l2649).

Its 65 ltrs with no real frame (its got a top-bar and a sleeve to put a kipmat in.... Seeing as you'd already be carrying the mat I like the weight-saving idea) and a waist belt that will stop it flopping about but won't take much load.

I wanted a bag to carry a bulky but light setup and this is ideal,its never going to be an INCH but it should be OK for a winter BoB (huge sleeping bags swallow space)
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar