Water Filters

Finding it, filtering it, treating it all in here!
SW_pheonix

Re: Water Filters

Post by SW_pheonix »

Forgot to mention if you are looking for a cheap method to store huge ammounts of water. You can get an easy up pool for about £35. You need to cover it with a tarp and make a central pole support the middle or the tarp to keep all the debris off it. Which is easy to do. Just put a 4 foot bit of scafold pole in a bucket of concrete, Let it go off anf stick it in the middle of the pool. Then tarp on the top, held down with paracord and tent pegs.
The pools have three connections 2x pipe connectors and an emptying plug. So you can use the pipe connectors to daisy chain them. If you do that you can put a filter between them and the first pool acts as a settlement tank.

Perfect for a rainwater collection systems.
Technik

Post by Technik »

What's the capacity of it and where can you buy it Phoenix?
SW_pheonix

Post by SW_pheonix »

Technik wrote:What's the capacity of it and where can you buy it Phoenix?
Good question.
There are various sizes from 8ft round x 36" deep, to 15ft x36" . A quick bit of maths give me,....?.....,,,,,::: x times the,,,.....erm PI r something.......=Loads of water!

Can be bought all over the place. Have a look on ebay for Intex & 'easy up pool'
the-gnole

Post by the-gnole »

3 847.5ltrs of water in an 8ft X 3ft pool
lisaloolibell

Post by lisaloolibell »

I bought a Berkey go because I like the fact that its portable and it comes with a sport bottle too.
although they have gone up in price I paid £90 for mine a couple of months ago.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GO-BERKEY-KIT-TRA ... 3f08e372ae
Technik

Post by Technik »

So "setfree", have you managed to get your system ?
I'm saving for 2 Lifesaver 6000's - they are quite expensive but worth every penny in my opinion. It takes just a couple seconds to filter the water and if you have time to wait then you can always filter through a cloth and boil it.
Hobo, how would you rate your Lifesaver filter? Any con's?
Setfree

Post by Setfree »

Hi 'Technik' Im still saving up for it :) but want to get it sorted soon .. Im gonna get the gerry can maybe..I seriously am also looking at a reverse osmosis to remove radiation, Im really concerned about whats happening in Japan, this is gonna get worse as months go on and levels in water in america are already waaay too high, there is a media blackout on it we are not being told the truth as they dont want to 'panic us' ha! What I'm really trying to find is a non electric reverse osmosis for a SHTF situation where all the water was radiated...dont care if it seems ridiculous I really have thought about it alot...
preservefreak

Post by preservefreak »

Setfree wrote:What I'm really trying to find is a non electric reverse osmosis for a SHTF situation where all the water was radiated...dont care if it seems ridiculous I really have thought about it alot...
if you do find or built something like this I for one would be interested in any info you get. it's never ridiculous to prepare for what you see as a real threat :D
hobo

Post by hobo »

Technik wrote: Hobo, how would you rate your Lifesaver filter? Any con's?
No cons. Though rather than having to replace bits every 5 years, it's probably cheaper to buy a new one!
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

the-gnole wrote:3 847.5ltrs of water in an 8ft X 3ft pool
Are you sure about the last half litre? ;)

As we live on an island and are surrounded by this strange wet stuff I sometimes see when I visit the seaside, does anyone know the best way to filter sea water? Many people live by the coast so this would seem a pretty limitless supply of H2O.

I am guessing that seawater would clog up most conventional filters quite quickly.

Be lucky (and salinated)