Multi tool suggestions

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Arzosah

Re: Multi tool suggestions

Post by Arzosah »

Another girly prepper reading avidly here :lol: thanks for starting this up, Maddie!
ctrljay

Post by ctrljay »

I've got a Bear Grylls ultimate multi tool, but as mention it has a locking feature and may fall foul of uk laws.

Its not bad for what i paid. Like leatherman but they are expensive, double what i paid!
We live in a unsustainable world, there must be a balance, poor people/rich people no more, only prepared people will make it!
jansman

Post by jansman »

Maddie, the Leatherman range IS good. I have a couple, but...

They are heavy( which I dislike) and they do lock.
My favourite is , and always will be , the Swiss Army Knife. Have a look at which model suits you. I have the Hunter. The scissors, tweezers and toothpick get used a lot. And they are a LOT cheaper than Gerber, Leatherman etc. The Swiss Army Knife( Victorinox) is the original multi tool, good quality, and in my opinion, perfect for a Lady.
I was recently weighed by my Doctor. I emptied all the crap from my pockets. Doctor commented on my wise choice of pocket knife. In his words, he said he was a total prat to forget his in his pocket when he recently went through customs. They conficated it and he was gutted!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
hobo

Post by hobo »

A Swiss Army Champ is legal and I've never needed anything else:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Victorinox-Swis ... 101&sr=8-3
Moony

Post by Moony »

This one : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wenger-Swiss-Ar ... 074&sr=1-1 has slightly more gadgets if you need them :lol:
I'm in Area 7 !
spindrift

Post by spindrift »

I used to always carry my leatherman/gerber multi tool back when I wore the cheap green suit. But as has been mentioned here a few times, the blades lock so your buggered if you get stopped. I would always go with the Victorianox range. I usually had the spartan which proved very useful until i wanted to cut something out, no scissors! So for my recent birthday I got the Explorer, not that much bigger and has many more tool options. A proper phillips screwdriver, magnifying glass (useful as I litterally just dug a splinter out of my finger with using it and the included tweezers) and a decent set of scissors. Well worth carrying as part of your EDC.
"A mind without purpose will walk dark places"
www.facebook.com/somethingborrowedbykelli
Maddie_cat

Post by Maddie_cat »

Am I right in understanding therefore that the Gerber and Leatherman have locking blades?
I'm in Area 1
spindrift

Post by spindrift »

Yes both of them have locking blades.
"A mind without purpose will walk dark places"
www.facebook.com/somethingborrowedbykelli
Leo1

Post by Leo1 »

If you have the money, a Leatherman Mut EoD. G/F brought me one the other week. It's the dog's.............

Dave
Lomast

Post by Lomast »

personally i carry a Leatherman Wave in a leather pouch on my belt and i have a swiss army knife in my bob and another in my car.

Regarding the law on locking blades, strictly speaking they are not legal to carry however over the years i have spoken to several Police Officers and the general consensus is that they will normally use common sense, if they believe you are up to no good then it may cause an issue but they would not normally be interested.

One thing to note if you carry anything knife related in your handbag (or anywhere else on you) make sure remove it if going out anywhere that will have door staff as if they see it it WILL be confiscated. All nightclubs and the vast majority of in town bars (certainly down my way) will insist on searching bags before entry my wife even had a pair of nail clippers confiscated as they had a pointy cleaning bit(she was given them back when she left though).