How do you make a 'blow pipe'

Considering, or completed a DIY prepper project? Made something using traditional methods? Post it here!
steptoe

Re: How do you make a 'blow pipe'

Post by steptoe »

Accidentman wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:25 pm Hi.

I have read the bush craft stuff about making a catapult and that is all good, will be making one soon and starting practice.

However, regarding practice, I think a blow pipe would be easier to use in many respects (less movement from me for a start, hence less chance to scare off your quarry).

Is there any advise on how to build/use a blow pipe ?

Also, can I kill rabbits on grass verges with one ?

Grass verges are common land ? Council land ?

Thanks ..
Unless your thinking of poaching why go for a blow pipe , if you think you can carry it up your sleve and pop it out and get bunny or a pigeon nope it is ILLEGAL and getting cuahgt with a firearm is not such a good idea ,now depnding on where you are going to go why not get a very good quality catapult the cheap chinese knock offs are ok but if you are talking killing power go high end .
Also depnding where you are goingto go and air rifle is yet another option but again you have to have permission but in the times i see coming this winter i am sure if you are in a rural area and knock the local copper he might turn a blind eye to one for the pot idea , i do not say break the law but well if times are at the point of kids at home and you need to put something on the table lots of veggies get given away at allotment groups and you can get a bunny sometimes find a local gamekeeper or greens keeper for golf clubs they tend to shoot the bunnies and some just throw in the hedgerow for the fox me if you kill it and you can eat it then you should , show the kill the respect .

Also if you think of killing them in your back garden you again must know your neighbours they can drop you in it , it is Illegal to take pigeons or other stuff unless you show they are a nuisance to you and your crops this is all thanks to a real plonker call chris "stick my nose in it " packham , just saying he got the law changed now a farm has to apply for a licence and show he has tried all means to keep the birds of animals or crops before you can shoot them