your tried and tested

Got a question or suggestion about an EDC/BOB/GHB item, chat about it here.
jonnybravo126

your tried and tested

Post by jonnybravo126 »

i know its popular on youtube to post extravagent BOBs and EDCs filled with things people have never used. however what do you have in your rucksack that you actually use?
im an electrician so unfortunately spend my days on big building sites. what i have in my rucksack is stuff that i find essential to make my days more livable. this can also extend to 24-48 hours survival.
also none of what i carry will have the police arresting me

a break down of what i carry on an average day

2 litres of water (average consumption during the day at work) and 2 meals

spare protein bars, multivitamins and energy tablets (im a powerlifter/martial artist so its standard)

spare socks (this came about from getting my feet wet at the beginning of a working day and being miserable for the rest of the day with wet feet)

boot laces. wearing the same boots every day leads to the occasional busted lace so rather than improvising with cable ties i invested in a couple of packs from karrimor.

baby wipes. never be on a building site when they run out of toilet paper!!

hand sanitzer

small tube of sudocrem, always handy for cuts, burns and the old case of inner thigh chaffing. lol

tweazers. a splinter can end up being a real pain

eye drops, dusty gritty eyes and the odd bit of shit in your eyes can put you out of the game

spare glasses and a few packs of contact lenses

asthma inhalers and some pain killers and various cold remedies

london map and tube map

chemical heaters, always handy during the cold to use

fenix torch and head torch

spare pack of AA batteries

stanley sports knife

gerber multitool

powermonkey. i have a fancy htc phone with all the bells and whistles. the battery doesnt last pissing time and on site without 230v power i need something to keep my phone going.

small first aid kid. im always cutting my hands open.

spare work gloves.

a few lighters and pens and a note pad.

a luminox monocular.

i think thats most of what i carry and all of its proved useful apart from the monocular of course.

what do you carry every day and when have you used it?
jansman

Re: your tried and tested

Post by jansman »

Like you I carry kit to make life comfortable,which can extend to longer if needs be.
Woolly hat,1ltr water,small torch,spare batteries,Leatherman tool,SAK,lighter and matches,tinder,small first aid kit,bandana,inhaler,phone,small roll of insulation tape,couple of mars bars,cash,couple of large bin bags,space blanket,paracord,inhaler,change for payphone and emergency bus fare,Puritabs,and other bits I cannot remember.
Its all in a small waistpack weighing in at only 4pounds minus the water.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.